Sign in to follow this  

Honda is the best by far

I rode A Yamaha YZ450f 2006 and had trouble with it. I rode a friends Suzuki and it had better turn in but the 4 speed trans is not that great. After the trouble with the Yam - I sold it. I got 2 Honda's Thursday. I rode them today. The bike turns far better than the other 2. You can cut to the inside off a burn to cut under somebody, there is no way my Yamaha could have done it. The Honda when it gave it gas in the turn it just went faster. The Yamaha when giving it gas in a corner it would want to stand up some. I love the Honda it is great. I just wanted other people to know I rode three of the four and Honda has made the best bike by far. I see a couple people going to Yamaha - see you back here next season.

Dude, with all the clicker adjustments, sag settings, tires, ergonomic set up and break in time on a new suspension you can't just flat out state the Honda is better then the other bikes for all other riders.

Or you can just go to any MX track, and look at everyone and what there riding, and you will see way more Honda's than anything else. That is saying something.

Well with sag set, front tire changed, tried applied and stock triple clamps, Fork raised the the first line, handle bars changed and the suspension was broken in. Afriend ownes the local Yamaha shop so set up was spot on. The Honda smokes it. I am not a kid (36 years old and rode lots of bikes). The Suzuki was a friend sponcered ride, so it was set up and we are both 210 lbs. The Suzuki has good turn in, but that is were it ends. I have rode three of the 450's and wanted to let somebody know. I lost alot of money to switch to red and it was worth every penny. Again just helping.

Well with sag set, front tire changed, tried applied and stock triple clamps, Fork raised the the first line, handle bars changed and the suspension was broken in. Afriend ownes the local Yamaha shop so set up was spot on. The Honda smokes it. I am not a kid (36 years old and rode lots of bikes). The Suzuki was a friend sponcered ride, so it was set up and we are both 210 lbs. The Suzuki has good turn in, but that is were it ends. I have rode three of the 450's and wanted to let somebody know. I lost alot of money to switch to red and it was worth every penny. Again just helping.

and keep telling yourself this over and over..........."the honda smokes it" :ride:

I rode the Red 07 today and I will keep my Yami another year.....it is still cramped and the front end still pushes..... :thumbsup:

Aren't you the guy that had a rear hub come apart because of sprocketblots or too tight chain on your YZF450?

Make sure you locktite those CRF sprocket bolts or you may be on a orange bike in 2months :cry:

Yes this is me. What I did not tell you all about the Yamaha is the I came up short on a 80 - 90 foot double and crashed it hard. I broke my right big toe and dilocated it. I had to have both big toe nail removed. The bike had to get new front and rear fenders, Subframe, seat, front and rear rims. I have 2 4-wheelers and three bikes in the house and none have had chain problems. Everybody wants to claim they know what happened, but this is the first time I told anybody about the crash. Two rides after the replacement parts were installed the hub broke. The bolts are still tight in the sproket (I have the old parts) now this has nothing to do with the fact the Honda a better machine. I owned both and rode the third all at the same place. :thumbsup:

ive ridden both bikes and they both have their highs and lows. i own the honda, but only because it was cheaper. i feel both bikes are awsome! i loved the low end torque of the YZ!

I rode A Yamaha YZ450f 2006 and had trouble with it. I rode a friends Suzuki and it had better turn in but the 4 speed trans is not that great. After the trouble with the Yam - I sold it. I got 2 Honda's Thursday. I rode them today. The bike turns far better than the other 2. You can cut to the inside off a burn to cut under somebody, there is no way my Yamaha could have done it. The Honda when it gave it gas in the turn it just went faster. The Yamaha when giving it gas in a corner it would want to stand up some. I love the Honda it is great. I just wanted other people to know I rode three of the four and Honda has made the best bike by far. I see a couple people going to Yamaha - see you back here next season.

Mustangcobra - don't let the haters bring you down. The Honda is a good bike. Thanks for the post. I've also ridden them all except the Kawi and still prefer the Honda. I still think the Honda is a little nervous in the rear compared to the yammie but I'd rather have that than vague steering.

Mustangcobra - don't let the haters bring you down. The Honda is a good bike. Thanks for the post. I've also ridden them all except the Kawi and still prefer the Honda. I still think the Honda is a little nervous in the rear compared to the yammie but I'd rather have that than vague steering.

ditto

Word! :thumbsup:

I rode both Blue & Red, greats bikes however the Honda just handles better and with more throttle response.

Yes this is me. What I did not tell you all about the Yamaha is the I came up short on a 80 - 90 foot double and crashed it hard. I broke my right big toe and dilocated it. I had to have both big toe nail removed. The bike had to get new front and rear fenders, Subframe, seat, front and rear rims. I have 2 4-wheelers and three bikes in the house and none have had chain problems. Everybody wants to claim they know what happened, but this is the first time I told anybody about the crash. Two rides after the replacement parts were installed the hub broke. The bolts are still tight in the sproket (I have the old parts) now this has nothing to do with the fact the Honda a better machine. I owned both and rode the third all at the same place. :thumbsup:

So why didn't you come clean when you asked for help? People actually take time out of there lives to help you and you didn't tell the whole story. Welcome to my ignore list.

Or you can just go to any MX track, and look at everyone and what there riding, and you will see way more Honda's than anything else. That is saying something.

It tells you honda spends the most on marketing for 1 thing. Most people thats are looking for a bike or atv also look honda first before they research it. Not saying the CRF's arent good bikes (i may say otherwise for the atv's- performance wise) but the CRF's are about the least durable (between waterpumps, clutchs, and of course valves) from what i'v seen in the area (besides the only KXF450 i'v seen, that happened to also lose a crank in 5 hours) The CRF's are great overall bikes but i'v ridden several CRF450's since they came out and a couple 250F and I still do not own one- and probably never will. They may be best for alot of people but you'd be amazed how many bike problems and performance problems are due to setup and owner maintenance isssues not bike traits. I promise you any brand of bike set up right can instantly be "the best brand of bike"

Exactly,it is saying and proves my point,people are sheep! :ride:

Another thing,this is not directed towards you.The guy likes the CRF over the other brands .What is the problem? It is his opinion and he has the right to think and believe the CRF is the better bike. STOP BEING SO DEFENSIVE! :thumbsup:

...but the CRF's are about the least durable (between waterpumps, clutchs, and of course valves) from what i'v seen in the area (besides the only KXF450 i'v seen, that happened to also lose a crank in 5 hours) \

This is such a crock of crap. Yes, my CRF needed a clutch at about 40 hours, but after 100+ hours it has not needed anything else except oil.

Every 450 has a couple of warts, go with the color you like the best!

Well when Kawasaki has one year of 450's and Suzuki has 2, of course you are going to see alot of Honda's, and you do see alot of Yamaha's also because they are the ones that started this whole four stroke craze. You can't say the best bike is the Honda because thats what you see at the track. The Honda has had the best selling 450 since 02. Beside the frame, the newer bikes are only small upgrades on the suspension and the motor since 02. Kaw, Suz, and Yam all make great 450's now. IMO you can't go wrong with any of these bikes. I mean RC rides a Suz and he can't be beat, Bubba ride a KX and when he doesn't wreck he is one of the best riders and Chad rides a YZ and he is one of the best riders in the sport. The bike isn't going to make you "faster". You will make you "faster". If you get any of the new 450's and and "tune" it to your riding ability and what "you like" in a bike you can't lose with any of these bikes. I prefer Honda just because I like Honda. Its not flawless by any means and when I buy another one I will probably buy a Honda, but if I could get a better deal on any of the other three to save a few hundred to dump later in suspension I wouldn't hesitate. Honda people usually will always be Honda people, just as Yamaha people will always be Yamaha people, etc. You are talking tenths of seconds difference in lap times bone stock difference on any of the new 450's.

I love my 2005 honda but was looking for a change.I know all the 450's now are great bikes i just thing the honda and the yamaha are above the other 3(just my opinion).I think that your statement about honda bikes being the majority of bikes you see at the tracks and local riding areas is correct,last year.I have noticed that i'm starting to see more yamahas in local races and at the pro level.I sold my bike last wednesday and i cant wait to get my 2007 yamaha 450,i'm sure it will feel different at first but that is why i'm buying one.I've rode red for about 6 years and it's time for a change.But to get back to what im saying is i dont think you could walk into a dealership and come out with a bad 450 no matter what brand it is.

" I have 2 4-wheelers and three bikes in the house "

I assume since the 4-wheelers have chains they are sport 4-wheelers -people only ride 4 wheelers who don't know how to ride motorcycles well enough to have fun...unless they are going camping....or running a snow plow... or on vacation without a M/C to ride.... :thumbsup:

I got the 4 wheelers so my wife could ride with me. I have always perfered motorcycles & raced motocross. The 4 wheelers is how I got my wife into riding. Then I got her a TT125LE for her first motorcycle. Yes the 4 wheelers are sports (LTZ400's). I like the way Suzuki's look and never intend to race or jump them just play ride with her. I also got the kids 2 Raptors 80's so we all can go out for family time and ride togehter. Do not get me wrong the Yamaha is a a good 450, but the Honda's have the ability to corner much better. I did spend money to set up the Yamaha and you could win on either. The Honda takes less effort in the corners to do what you want. They both feel very light in the air no advantage either way. I knew I would get some heat for the post. I got alot for the hub breaking post also, but that okay when I am riding my Honda's it is all good now :thumbsup::ride:

This is such a crock of crap. Yes, my CRF needed a clutch at about 40 hours, but after 100+ hours it has not needed anything else except oil.

Every 450 has a couple of warts, go with the color you like the best!

Good, you've had good luck then. I didnt say they were UNRELIABLE, I said from what i'v seen they have been about the least reliable. The YZF and RMZ 450's in the area have had 0 problems. 1 RMZ damaged a cam chain do to lack of adjustment- but there are alot of those bikes in this area. I havent seen many KXF or KTM's due to no dealers anywhere nearby but i'v put valves in 7 CRFS now which is the vast majority or them in this town. All the bikes are good these days and these arent XR motors (which ironically i'm replacing a broken idler gear in an 03 XR 400 right now) so a few problems is one thing but honda not fixing the few reliability bugs after all these years doesnt give them much credibility in my mind.

All of these bikes are so good that you can't go wrong with any of them. Some fit certain riders better than others so it takes some swapping to find the one that fits you best. Have fun on the Hondas, they certainly are excellent machines. :thumbsup: