Sign in to follow this  

Ill be there soon!!

Well the wife and I are leaving Florida in 2 weeks. We will be in Missouri (St Louis area) and hope to be riding around the end of August hope to meet up with a few TT guys soon. Later Rob

Rob, did you used to live in North Aurora and have a YZF400? I used to ride with someone a few years ago from there that moved to Florida?

Rob, did you used to live in North Aurora and have a YZF400? I used to ride with someone a few years ago from there that moved to Florida?

Its me Ron what a memory you have. Once we get setup I will try and make my way up to Sunset Ridge I really miss that track. Im on my way back to missouri to live. The cost of living is just to high here to live on one income. I hope to meet up soon Ron. Later Rob

Its me Ron what a memory you have. Once we get setup I will try and make my way up to Sunset Ridge I really miss that track. Im on my way back to missouri to live. The cost of living is just to high here to live on one income. I hope to meet up soon Ron. Later Rob
We were down there on vacation last summer. My wife and I were shocked how high prices were. Our little 1700sf ranch that was worth 100k when we sold in 98 was going for 300k last year. We both said there was no way we could afford to go back. I forgot now, but I remember their was a very high percentage of people who move down there that end up leaving within 5 years.

Are you still riding that YZ400 or have you upgraded? What are the tracks like down there? Was Air Dania still around? You'll have to head back up our way for a ride. Rob and I used to ride when Chris was on his YZ85. He's taller than me now and riding a KX250F.

If I remember right he just had gotten his 85. There are only a couple tracks here. Well one is really nice but it is a two hour drive. The other is a joke of a track that I wont go to. Next month another one will open but that is to late for me. Air Dania has been close for a 1 year now.

As far as the cost of living its not only the cost of the house but mostly the taxes. My house is 270 thou and I pay 5500 a year in taxes and its like 3500 a year in insurance. Thats a big chunk of the income when I am the only income. My wife is a stay at home mom and I like it that way. The other reason is all of the family is back there and we want our son to grow up with them.

As for my bike I now have 05 crf450 and love it. By the way is FVOR track ever get any prep?? That place is fun for a couple hours its just to small for all of those bike and quads that go there. Do you guy ever see Niki and Red anymore?? Well I will be in contact about going to Sunset Ridge one day. Later Rob

If I remember right he just had gotten his 85. There are only a couple tracks here. Well one is really nice but it is a two hour drive. The other is a joke of a track that I wont go to. Next month another one will open but that is to late for me. Air Dania has been close for a 1 year now.

As far as the cost of living its not only the cost of the house but mostly the taxes. My house is 270 thou and I pay 5500 a year in taxes and its like 3500 a year in insurance. Thats a big chunk of the income when I am the only income. My wife is a stay at home mom and I like it that way. The other reason is all of the family is back there and we want our son to grow up with them.

As for my bike I now have 05 crf450 and love it. By the way is FVOR track ever get any prep?? That place is fun for a couple hours its just to small for all of those bike and quads that go there. Do you guy ever see Niki and Red anymore?? Well I will be in contact about going to Sunset Ridge one day. Later Rob

Nikki and Red and still around, we saw them at the Peotone race they put on a few weeks ago and she still posts here, I wish more, but she's a mod over on Dirtrider so she stays busy. Her name on here is Nikki also, so you will see her post every once in a while. FVOR hasn't changed at all since you were here. They do what they can but it's still geared more towards the beginner and quad crowd. Did we ever go to Buffalo? It's not bad, I just get tired of going there all the time. Joliet opened up a fun little outdoor track that is not bad. There is a new place out west called KI tracks and Mt Carrol is new since you were here last, so is Motoland but that is a haul since they are over in Indiana.

I travel to St Louis at least once a month so we'll get together for some drinks when I'm in town and your settled back in. I don't think there is much in the way down there of motocross, not like up here anyway. I keep wanting to bring my bike down, but nothing is really close or open during the week that I have found.

I hear you on Florida, some things are more important and you have the priorities right. Why work so much just to be able to survive? We liked living in Florida, we just didn't like what you had to do to LIVE in Florida.