Baja Designs Rectifier/Regulator Question

I bought a generic Rectifier/Regulator from baja Designs and am currently wiring it. The BD R/R has 5 wires vs. the stock 4 wires. I know that the 2 yellows go the Yellow and white wires from the stator, the Red goes to red. What is left over is a blue an black. Ordinarily the Black would go to black but the side of the R/R says blue to battery (negative) and black to load (along with the red which also goes o battery). The question is which do I hook up and can I run other items off of the left over wire. Baja Designs online instructions/schematics only mention 4 wires like the stock unit.

Just rewired the stator today. The rectifier/regulator I have is the same as the one in the kit only it is not connected to a terminal. The one in the kit plugs into the stock harness and the one I have has to be custom wired. Looking for information on the blue and black wires.

If it's the same as the one that comes in the DS kit you have to rewire your stator. this regulator needs this as it's not a rectifier, you have to rewire the stator to only put out DC volts now instead of both ac and dc

Uh...not exactly. Magneto's are only capable of generating AC. The BD/generic aftermarket regulator also is a rectifier. The case of the rect/reg unit is grounded to the DC output - terminal (black wire). You have two choices. 1) rewire the stator so that the magneto ground is "floated" or 2) leave the magneto grounded to the frame and isolate all of the DC "grounds " from the frame as well as the rect/reg case. The bottom line is the DC and AC circuits cannot share the same ground or the battery will not charge. As far as wiring goes the yellow leads are the AC magneto input, the red lead is the DC + and the black lead is the DC -. The blue lead is not used.

Here is a diagram of PDBLUE's explanation of stator ground float and stator frame ground. This is in PDF format. Wire diagram

The top schematic is the way to connect the RR after the stator mod (1 AC output instead of 2 and with ground float).