Sign in to follow this  

KXF success stories

I own a 2006 YZ250F. I plan on also getting 450. I know 3 mags rated the kxf highly and that MXA thought it was crap. MAgs don't matter, enough said. ANYWAY, most threads i have read on here i feel like the KXF's real world opinions aren't that great. I was thinking about buying one but have recently changed my mind after hearing how it likes to tuck in corners and how it doesnt corner great. I have been riding mx all my life and i could easily say i HATE bikes that have trouble in the turns as i feel that is where many races are won. I rode a 2006 RMZ450 today and it basically sold itself to me, i love how it corners, it is very confidence inspriring, even when compard to my 250F which is a lighter bike. All i am asking is, lets hear some good stories on the KXF, i want to believe its a great bike, but my logic isnt letting me make it that simple. I need to hear more real world opinions before i commit to anything. If you had trouble with cornering this bike, what was your fix? Lets hear it all. I have narrowed my options down to the YZF and possibly the RMZ as far as 450s go. According to what i read here, the KXF may or may not be eliminated.

I have owned mine for a few months now and have not done anything to it. Oil change every couple of rides and fuel.I am a B-rider and have no issues with cornering.Overall I think it is an awesome bike !!

JO

if you're already sold on the RMZ get it. All the brands are so close in performance this year it doesn't really make that much difference what colour you ride. As for the kxf's cornering ability i've got nothing but good things to say - alot of people on here don't seem to have much of a clue how to set their bike up and as a result complain about the front pushing/tucking etc. Get the set up right (for me 102mm sag, 5.6 shock spring, forks at 7mm and ms3 tyres) and the kxf will perform as good as, if not better than any of the other 450s.

thanks for the input so far. by the way, i weigh 167 pounds, and am an A level rider. Will i have to swap the springs most likely?

i came off a 05 honda, so anything is an improvement over how those things turned, BUT, i love my kaw, that thing is the most cornering bike i have ever owned, no tucking, no diving, no pushing, the thing does great, i just scooted my forks up a little in the clamps and have had zero problems what so ever.....knock on wood, i have not yet ridden the rmz, a friend of mine has one and want to ride it to see how it compares, im almost afraid to though, it might be better or somthing, but i know for sure the kawi is way better cornering than the honda.

I have nothing but good to say about the kawi,Corners very good-great power, and mine has been bulletproof. I also have spent quite some time on th 06 rmz & Crf 450's and I have to tell you they are all very close, with a little tuning none of them would be at a disadvantage. Get the one that has the best dealer & support in your area you won't regret it!!

I cant say My KXF corners great. I hear the Suzukis turn under anything out there. Thats what I should have bought. But I still love my Kawi.

Here's a success story.This is my first four stroke and I haven't ridden in two years(last bike was an 03 yz250).I was comfortable right off the bat on this thing and was hitting doubles on my second lap.It pulls my scrawny butt around the whole track in 3rd(5'10,#130)and that is with the 48 rear sprocket.Yes before I got it I really wanted the 06 yz450f(reading into mxa's bs),but now that I got it I wouldn't have it any other way.By the way,I have ridden an 06 yzf and rmz(rmz was a nice bike),but this kx is stronger everywhere motor wise,and i didn't feel they handled any better.

I cant say My KXF corners great. I hear the Suzukis turn under anything out there. Thats what I should have bought. But I still love my Kawi.

I hate to break this to you but in my 33yrs of riding I've never seen a bike ride itself around a track, point being rider error can even make a great turning bike feel like a pig in mudd..

I own a 2006 YZ250F. I plan on also getting 450. I know 3 mags rated the kxf highly and that MXA thought it was crap. MAgs don't matter, enough said. ANYWAY, most threads i have read on here i feel like the KXF's real world opinions aren't that great. I was thinking about buying one but have recently changed my mind after hearing how it likes to tuck in corners and how it doesnt corner great. I have been riding mx all my life and i could easily say i HATE bikes that have trouble in the turns as i feel that is where many races are won. I rode a 2006 RMZ450 today and it basically sold itself to me, i love how it corners, it is very confidence inspriring, even when compard to my 250F which is a lighter bike. All i am asking is, lets hear some good stories on the KXF, i want to believe its a great bike, but my logic isnt letting me make it that simple. I need to hear more real world opinions before i commit to anything. If you had trouble with cornering this bike, what was your fix? Lets hear it all. I have narrowed my options down to the YZF and possibly the RMZ as far as 450s go. According to what i read here, the KXF may or may not be eliminated.
Better watch out here, SOME people will jump you if you dont say only positive things about the KXF

What you have said is true, I have both the KXF and RM-Z. The RM-Z turns way better. Both motors are good.

Better watch out here, SOME people will jump you if you dont say only positive things about the KXF

What you have said is true, I have both the KXF and RM-Z. The RM-Z turns way better. Both motors are good.

Wrong again, you got jumped because of the STUPID things you said. Would you like to hear some of them?

I bought the bike based on what a magazine said

My brother did the suspension and he knows everything there is to know

My bike won't turn and it's the bike's fault.

Next time, try placing the blame where it belongs. If you need a clue on where that is, look in the mirror.

I owned an RMZ for a short time before I got my KXF. IMO they both corner great. Anyone who says the KXF pushes or won't turn either has the bike set up incorrectly, or doesn't know how to ride very well.

I love my suspension too. I did have it revalved in May, and that made it even better by stiffening up the rear and high speed valving.

I will probably get an '07 but I really don't want the 5 speed. The 4 speed is perfect for moto and that's all I do. Hopefully it doesn't feel to different from the 4 speed.

Faster48

Wrong again, you got jumped because of the STUPID things you said. Would you like to hear some of them?

I bought the bike based on what a magazine said

My brother did the suspension and he knows everything there is to know

My bike won't turn and it's the bike's fault.

Next time, try placing the blame where it belongs. If you need a clue on where that is, look in the mirror.

Karterron to the rescue! You dont read very well do you? Have not read anything that I have said. I am not going to list it all here, maybe you should go back and re-read you freaking dingleberry

if you are no longer riding the kxf but instead are humping on the rmz then why do u insist on scanning the kxf board.thumpertalk is made to help people with their questions about their bikes.u do realize their that there is a board for the rmz right?u and your ace mechanic bro :ride: should hang there instead of talking shit on a bike that u were'nt man enough to ride!!!: :thumbsup:

Karterron to the rescue! You dont read very well do you? Have not read anything that I have said. I am not going to list it all here, maybe you should go back and re-read you freaking dingleberry
I apologize, I didn't realize you are mentally retarded and can't remember what you post. Since you don't have the mental capacity, I will do the leg work for you. Here are some of your posts:

"I just would like to share that I bought a 06 kX450F because transworld mx said it was the best, My brother being older and wiser than I am opted to go with the RM-Z450."

"I dont think so because I set up everything, after consulting my brother who knows everything about bikes."

Would you like to reread some more of your MORONIC comments? I told you once, go back and troll the RMZ board where you belong. You are of no use here. You have ZERO knowledge to help anyone out and you have ZERO ability to properly setup any bike which means your NOT qualified to give opinions to anyone else.

Run along now. We're done with you.

I apologize, I didn't realize you are mentally retarded and can't remember what you post. Since you don't have the mental capacity, I will do the leg work for you. Here are some of your posts:

"I just would like to share that I bought a 06 kX450F because transworld mx said it was the best, My brother being older and wiser than I am opted to go with the RM-Z450."

"I dont think so because I set up everything, after consulting my brother who knows everything about bikes."

Would you like to reread some more of your MORONIC comments? I told you once, go back and troll the RMZ board where you belong. You are of no use here. You have ZERO knowledge to help anyone out and you have ZERO ability to properly setup any bike which means your NOT qualified to give opinions to anyone else.

Run along now. We're done with you.

I stand my ground. You have NO IDEA what I went through with that bike. You just want to make fun of someone that might not be on that same level you are, instead you make fun, and spit out ignorant comments. So no, screw you,I will not be going anywhere

if you are no longer riding the kxf but instead are humping on the rmz then why do u insist on scanning the kxf board.thumpertalk is made to help people with their questions about their bikes.u do realize their that there is a board for the rmz right?u and your ace mechanic bro :ride: should hang there instead of talking shit on a bike that u were'nt man enough to ride!!!: :thumbsup:

What the hell do you know, I still have my KXF. Beat it you tool

I stand my ground. You have NO IDEA what I went through with that bike. You just want to make fun of someone that might not be on that same level you are, instead you make fun, and spit out ignorant comments. So no, screw you,I will not be going anywhere
Yet you somehow think you are still qualified to come on a INFORMATION forum and give advice. :thumbsup::ride: