Sign in to follow this  

OK I'm in ... Now what?

I just sold my cruiser and MX bike and picked up an '06 DRZ400S with 840 miles on it. It has the 3X3 mod and jetting, side cover add-ons, radiator braces, skid plate, hand guards, and tires. I plan on riding mainly woods and trails with a minor dabble at a tack with a jump or two. What is next on the change list and what are some good ways to save weight? :thumbsup:

new exhaust, (yosh) new headlight (anything besides that heavy steel thing), new tail light, new bars, Mich Ultra instead of lagers and go on a diet yourself

fcr, cams, and the list goes on and on and on.......just depends on what you are looking for. 34hp stock to 60hp big bore/strokers are possible, how fast do you want to spen errrr go :thumbsup:

If you want to set up your bike for RIDING, first things first.....have your forks and shock re-valved (and re-sprung, if necessary) for your weight, riding ability, and the type of riding you will do.

Having done this last myself, after all the other mods, I feel confident in recommending you do it first.