Sign in to follow this  

bike stand

im currently looking at getting a stand and wondering what kind of stand i should look at for a 06 yz25f. i was thinking of a universal monocoque stand or a fly racing moto stand. any suggestions

get a kickstand!! :thumbsup:

got one just want a full stand to hold the bike off the ground in case i have to fix my forks again and things of that nature.

I have the new improved Milk Crate Stand. Its pretty sweet and i have a matching Milk Crate Seat to go with it.

I used a 6x6, and cut it into 3 equal length pieces and one longer piece, nailed them together w/ a casing of 5/4 decking board, and strategically placed one extra on top for the perfect arrangement for my bike. It worked very well, and I can spin either the front or rear tire w/o any problems. And it cost me less than $10 to make!!!

I just ordered my Risk Stand. They even extended the 20% discounted which ended at the August. Good people. Thanks 450TrailRider for your suggestion.

Good people. Thanks 450TrailRider for your suggestion.

He is one of us dude. Rides his 05 CRF450R as much as time will allow. :thumbsup::lame:

I made my own... really isn't much to it. I used a picture from the net of one to go by and got some angle iron and piece of sheet metal and welded it all up... painted it black and it looks exactly like the ones you buy.

You can see the one I made in this pic... nothing fancy, but it serves its purpose.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3353832

LOL! Mine is almost as fancy as this Risk Stand! :thumbsup:

Hey, If it works for you then that is all you need. :lame::p

Yeah, it works for me, but i surely would be nice to NOT have to lift this mule (WR426) up onto the stand! LOL!

I got tired of lifting mine, so I got a fmf lift stand, and sold the other one. It's not as stable as a stationary stand. But still works fine. And I dont have to break my back. Great product for us old farts.

Bruce

Milk Crate Crew!!!! WOot!!

Yesss. Mine is so cool its blue and matches my bike. It actually makes me go faster too. :thumbsup:

I have a lift stand that a guy gave me when I bought his bike. It is a piece of s**t, the bikes are wobbly on it when it is in my garage and I don't even bother taking to the track or anywhere else...if the ground isn't perfectly level and hard the bike will tip over.

It also has this neat little lever that you can modulate with your foot to let the bike down...it doesn't work, but if you happen to bump that lever while working on the bike then look out! My bike went down like the Titanic when I had the wheels off doing the bearings. That made me very happy. Can't drain the oil while it's on the stand either.

I'll take a regular platform stand anyday as long as it has a hole to access the oil drain plug. Or a milkcrate or five gallon bucket for that matter.