Strawberry - High Sierra Weekend

:ride: Well I rode the Strawberry High Sierra trails again this weekend, Saturday with ShadyatBest, and my friend Rob and his daughter Allison joined us for part of the ride. Me and Shady rode pretty much the same route as last weekend, but did a little more of the forest roads up by Cody Meadow. It was a great day, I could really get to like this place. :crazy:

Here are a few pics from Saturday:

Shady just playing around.

Rob and Allison crossing a high Sierra meadow.

Here's me climbing a little boulder.

Great views on some fun high country 2-track.

Went up there again this morning, met up with BigBob, Rockhounder, CelticDude, and Darryl (I don't remember Darryl's screen name :ride: ) . We did a little shorter ride today, Rockhounder took a jab in the kidney with a rock, and BigBob wanted to hurry home to YamahaGinger (does anyone here a whip cracking? ? ). It was still a great ride though, 25 miles for the group, and Darryl and I added a little more going up the Lovers Leap trail to check out the view. ?

Here are some pics from today's ride:

Darryl cruising through a rock section of jeep trail.

Rockhouder at the same place.

CelticDude splashing through a little creek crossing.

Rockhounder from a different angle.

BigBob with an awesome backdrop.

CelticDude at the same place.

BigBob, hard to find nicer riding places than this!

Darryl standing on the edge above Hwy 50.

Thanks everyone, it was a great weekend of riding. You guys that went today, we gotta go back and hit the trails we skipped today. Maybe sometime soon. Shady, thanks for showing me such a great place to ride. :ride:

Thanks for showing us around today. ? I've never been up there before. The Husaberg ran great until we hit the trail that leads up to the Pacific Crest Trail. Of course the elevation there must have been around 8000'. It was just a little blubbery on the bottom end. Not bad without a re-jet! I almost crashed on that trail when I came roaring out of the trees into this flourescent green meadow with cliffs overhanging and an eagle flying overhead! The scenery was a bit distracting! Next time I want to ride more of the single track. :ride:

? Sounds like fun,I should have gone but opted to stay home in case of high elev. P.M. thunderstorms.I stayed home this afternoon where it was "safe" and had a 30-35 mph. mountain bike crash.Hit a raised edge(3-4")on the paved road heading out to the camp and Plummer ridge and partially flipped and slid to a stop.Got some good road rash burns some deep scrapes and a big cut on my knee almost to the bone.Gonna be achy for a bit but I think I will still do me High Sierra adventure on Tuesday or Wednesday,might work some of the stiffness out that is sure to come. :bonk:Guess I should start wearing full moto riding gear no matter what I am doing!

Wish I could've rode with you guys again this weekend but I was playing house boy to my wife and mother-in-law at our garage sale. :ride:

(can you hear the sound of a whip crack!) Drug tons of crap out of the garage for two days all so we could earn $50!!!! WOW! Can't even fill up my gas tank. I told them this was my last garage/yard sale; next time we'll donate to charity, jack the prices up on my receipt and get more than $50 back on our taxes.

I'll be playing in the sierras this upcoming weekend. ?

nice pics oldedude. I just might have to go back up there next weekend

Good time up there this weekend. I rode the smoker again today, tweaked the carb a little bit (dropped the needle one, and turned up the airscrew 1/4 turn) and it ran much better. ?

Possible thundershowers this week? It's real cloudy here right now. A little rain might convince me to ride somewhere midweek. :ride:

How was the fishing today? Did you chum? ?

fishing was great. I didnt chum and there were bets that i would be first. 50% of the people on the boat chummed.

We caught a shit load of rock fish at about 50 feet. I was throwing most of them back because they werent too deep. caught a sunburn, buzz, and some fish

AHa!!! I know those trails! Out of Schneider Cow Camp and the Cal Trans yard off 88. That's up were Schneider met station is, Celticdude. You have to know were to turn off the trail and head cross country to find our site, but it wasn't far from the photo where BigBob has the lake view in the background. Several barbwire gates to open and close, you gotta watch out!! I really am beginning to miss my bike. Someday I might be able to join you poachers again. ( I know where the PCT is. Next time strap some burkenstocks onto your knobby tires and no one will be the wiser that bikes were riding where they were! Ha!!)