Sign in to follow this  

Carburetor alternatives

Hi I'm Chris from Sweden. (Europe) I just bought myself an ATC 200 X, probably the only one ever shipped to Sweden. It seems the carb is in really bad condition and parts are hard to find here. I've seen a few of these old Keihin carbs on eBay, but usuallythey don't offer to ship outside of the US. My question is, can I use another carb for this bike instead of just looking for the stock 26mm Keihin and in that case, from what bike? Can I even use a Mikuni carb or will it not fit with the manifold? I want a carb that I can just put on without rebuilding anything. Anyone have any useful information on this? I would be most grateful. Thank you!

Here is a pic of the carb from underneath:

http://hem.passagen.se/krilkril/keihin.jpg

could someone tell me what screw number 3 is on the picture? I know 1 is the main jet and 2 is the slow jet, but what is the "screw" at 3 for? Thank you very much for any help!

That is your fuel adjustment screw, to richen the mixture you turn that screw out, in 1/4 turn adjustments. To lean the mixture you would turn the screw in.

That particular carb has a fairly high demand here in the States, a lot of guys use it to replace the stock carb on their dirtbikes, and on some of the newer Honda quads, as well.

You should be able to buy replacement jets for it, they could be sent to you in a regular letter-sized mailing envelope. Here is a real good online microfiche diagram website, to give you an exploded view of your carb.

Discount Honda Parts

Don't get the 26mm it overlaps the manifold just a bit, and could leak air. It's also a pain to get it into the airboot. A Kitaco Mikuni can work and it works well, but it can be a pain to jet. Just get a brand new 200x carb and some bigger mains up to 130 and you'll be set. Don't mess with used junk. Do you have a stock motor??

socal,

I believe he said it was the stock 26mm Keihin carb from his stock ATC200X trike.

Wow!!!!! I'm not even taking those gnarley headache pills anymore. I completely miss read that one. Although the 200x is a 24mm, but if you want a 26mm, just get a XR200 carb. It's a little bigger in the front and rear, but it can work.