Sign in to follow this  

Wheelies revisited...

Are you guys with just the 3x3 and rejet on the S able to wheelie in 2nd gear? I'm wondering because I took the bike out today for a bit and first comes up no problem, but 2nd just didn't have enough snap to bring the wheel up.

I still have the slight bog off idle and I'm going to address that this week, but I was wondering if the front wheel should pull up in 2nd. Also wondering if the bog is effecting 2nd gear wheelies...?

Thanks.

Tim

Second comes up nice. But i have the 3x3 and the e gearing on my 400S.

I went down a tooth in the front, I forgot about that. I didn't do anything with the rear sprocket though. 2nd won't come up though.

Tim

sorry guys, the mods are not the problem.

An experienced rider can wheelie a drz up in third and set it down at 80mph

You are telling me that a DRZ with absolutely NO MODS can wheelie in 3rd?

Bone stock?

Tim

You are telling me that a DRZ with absolutely NO MODS can wheelie in 3rd?

Bone stock?

Tim

Yes, using the clutch, and if you are very good at it.

My S with 3x3 & D/J, + a stage 1 inlet hot cam with 15/42 gearing used to come up in 2nd easy.

Now with the 94 mm big bore it come up in 3rd, but only if you get it just right.

Bumps in the road make it possible in 4th, all this purely on the throttle, no clutch.

Now where is my :thumbsup: FCR :cry::ride:

Neil.

:ride::ride::crazy:

you guys probably wont believe me, but my 100% bone stock drz will pull up in 4th gear for wheelies. This is standing up, and pulling really hard. Then i can click fifth and pretty much go as fast as i want. its scary clicking 5th though. Ill try to get some videos.

I could get 3rd gear wheelies with work when my bike was stock. Second gear wheelies were easier in my eyes than first. Mainly cause I didnt run out of rpm so fast.

i yank up real early in 1st and set it down in 3rd usualy. comming out of a turn in second i can just pluck it up without much effort b/c i can find the sweetest spot in the shitty taper of the needle and get it to cooperate. if i didn't suck i could get it up in 3rd, and my SM is bone stock.

Did a wheelie once in 2nd gear. Stock S gearing. Some ricer was trying to stay up with me, so at the next light I raced away. After putting the bike in 2nd, I stayed on the clutch while going to maybe 3/4 throttle. And as I let the clutch out all the way, the front wheel came up.

It was dark, and at first I didn't know what was happening. Bike felt funny. That's when I looked down and saw the front wheel maybe 2 ft. off the ground. Scared the shit out of me. But then, I'm a real bad ass! :thumbsup:

yes the drz wheelies fine in 3rd. I start most of my wheelies in 3rd and set it down tapped in 5th. The front tire smokes and the speedo instantly hits 140 kph or 85mph.

If you dont know how to wheelie, practise in the dirt. Some people just cant seem to learn so dont break your neck trying.

I have a video of me wheeling the 1/4 mile at raceway park on a zx12r and going thru the traps at 135mph.

It depends on So many things. if you weigh more than all you have to do is lean back. If you are light then you can sit forward. Power and gearing have a lot to do with it too. changing a sprocket by a tooth can make a difference too especially depending on all other factors. Is that as clear as mud now?

Did a wheelie once in 2nd gear. Stock S gearing. Some ricer was trying to stay up with me, so at the next light I raced away. After putting the bike in 2nd, I stayed on the clutch while going to maybe 3/4 throttle. And as I let the clutch out all the way, the front wheel came up.

It was dark, and at first I didn't know what was happening. Bike felt funny. That's when I looked down and saw the front wheel maybe 2 ft. off the ground. Scared the shit out of me. But then, I'm a real bad ass! :ride:

We really need to go on a ride next time I'm down your way :thumbsup:

We really need to go on a ride next time I'm down your way :thumbsup:
Well, if you don't mind looking in your rear view mirror the entire time so you can watch me ride, well sure!

lean back!

ive witnessed a drz being wheelied at 80mph in 5th gear.

its skill.

Yip, sure is. I laugh everytime I read one of these 'what gear wheelie' threads. [its even more laughable when people with different gearing pipe in.]

FWIW - I can easily wheelie in 3rd with stock S gearing.

I am good at popping them.. just not good at riding wheelies far....

3x3 mod, full yosh rs-3, 14/47 gearing... I have gotton it up in 4th once...

I can do 3rd gear easy

I suck at wheelies, I'm skerd to take it to the balance point but I get close. I normally put it up early in first and ride it through atleast 2nd and part of 3rd on stock sm gearing. Back when I had the seat strap on I would just put my ass against it, it seemed like a good place to sit for wheelies.

I usually pop mine up in 1st or 2nd then ride them out and shift through the gears...:thumbsup:

I pull mine up in 2nd, clutchless, and ride at about 11:30 and ride the gear out real slow. For some reason I feel more comfortable at about 11:30 than 9:30 or so. :thumbsup: I still can't shift through the gears...I think I'm still a little unsure of accidentally giving it too much throttle when shifting up when I'm that vertical. Nate tried to teach me, at least I can get it up in 2nd now!! Thanks Buddy! I'm still rertarded! Haha! :ride: