Top end parts whats better????

Personally, I prefer to stay with Honda. That being said, I don't have any experience with Wiseco. There is one thing to consider; proper break-in. Here's a good explanation:

Originally Posted by Chokey

Your break-in (two-stroke or four) largely depends on the type of piston you installed. A cast piston doesn't need any special treatment for break-in beyond the time it takes to seat the rings. Just ride easy for 10-15 minutes and go for it. That's why cast pistons are used as OEM equipment, because the manufacturers know that too many riders won't adhere to a specific break-in procedure.

A forged piston (Wiseco), on the other hand, must be carefully broken in. They require heat-cycles to release the trapped stress left in the metal from the manufacturing process. For a forged piston, that break-in guide that kx_rider53 posted is the correct way.

Here's the entire thread:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399973&parentpage=3

Thanks for the info but, I am looking for opinoins on life-span of the part. Given that they are properly broken in. Bikes are not my expertice but I do know on cars as far as longest lasting on a stock engine it is best to stick to factory specs and materials. This is what I have a stock bike aside from a pipe.

Again thanks for the info.

I personally prefer Pro-X pistons because they are cheaper than the OEM Hondas and are the exact same thing....even the rings are interchangeable. I personally do not like Wisecos because I have had too many fall apart and wipe out my cylinder. Vertex pistons are also really nice but I believe they are a little more expensive. Just remember to deglaze the cylinder before putting the new top-end in so the rings will seat properly and use non-synthetic premix for breakin....go get em!!! ?:ride: