Sign in to follow this  

Full exhaust vs powerbomb

I'm looking to get an exhaust for my WR400 and was curious to how much difference the muffler makes alone. Because my header is slightly bent from a tip over from the previous owner, and i noticed that my brothers WR with a full white brothers exhaust is just as quiet as mine, but has a noticeably bigger header pipe than my stock one, and there's a noticeable difference when i borrow his exhaust! Do i really need a muffler or should i just go buy a powerbomb header? Otherwise i'm looking at the Yoshimura full exhaust from rocky mtn.???

On a 4 stroke, i have found that silencers dont do a whole lot power wise,if anything, just adds/reduces noise for the most part. If you buy a full system/header, most of the power gains that you feel, are coming from the header. Id say buy the powerbomb if power gain is your goal. If you need to quiet it down, buy a spark arrestor/quieter silencer. :thumbsup:

the more open and unrestriceted the ehaoust and silencer is the more power you will get but it will be loud

the more open and unrestriceted the ehaoust and silencer is the more power you will get but it will be loud

NOT !!!!!!

I'm looking to get an exhaust for my WR400 and was curious to how much difference the muffler makes alone. Because my header is slightly bent from a tip over from the previous owner, and i noticed that my brothers WR with a full white brothers exhaust is just as quiet as mine, but has a noticeably bigger header pipe than my stock one, and there's a noticeable difference when i borrow his exhaust! Do i really need a muffler or should i just go buy a powerbomb header? Otherwise i'm looking at the Yoshimura full exhaust from rocky mtn.???

I could not believe the difference that the powerbomb made in my brothers 250f. It made it a complete new bike with the low rpm power.

I'm goin for power, so i'm gonna stick with the stock silencer and throw the power bomb on, i already ordered it. I dont neccesarily want it louder, but my brothers Yoshimura sounds pretty good, but isn't louder....Maybe for later.....

I got my new header! I seems to have help in most areas, not as much bog right off idle, little more top end power, and actually quieted down a small notch it seems, i still have the stock muffler tho. Will have to change up my sprockets now to see how much it helps when its geared higher, its harder to tell now cause i can't really floor it from first. Then we'll try a muffler later in life!

I got my new header! I seems to have help in most areas, not as much bog right off idle, little more top end power, and actually quieted down a small notch it seems, i still have the stock muffler tho. Will have to change up my sprockets now to see how much it helps when its geared higher, its harder to tell now cause i can't really floor it from first. Then we'll try a muffler later in life!

Maybe I am miss reading that but, while good, it doesnt sound like it delivered quite the power kick you were expecting?

Bout was i was expecting, but not what i was hoping, u always hope for more, but for the price i couldn't expect much more with exhaust prices these days!