Sign in to follow this  

Pro-Cycle in Springfield MO

Well its been 18 hours on the road. I drove from my home in Tampa Fl to Springfield MO and have just arrived in MO. Sitting in the Hotel room waiting for the shop to open tomorrow morning so I can pick up a New 06 YZ125 for my wife for 3500 OTD.

I rented a mini van for 50 bucks a day (3 days total), with the van, food, hotel and gas I will have a total of $4000 invested in this bike when I get it home. But its still much cheaper than what they sell them for in Florida (which is about 5500 cheapest OTD).

I will let you guys know how Pro-Cycle http://www.procycleusa.com/index.cfm?page=contact works tomorrow after I get the bike home.

Its a shame they wont ship them out, gotta pick them up at the shop.

Well I got the bike home...

The shop was really nice, they got me in and out in 45 minutes (fastest I ever bought a bike). Yet they were not rushing, they just stayed focused on the task.

The bike is flawless, no crocked fenders or scratches.

I think it wont be the last time I drove 18 hours to get a new bike, especially for the prices :ride:

I added a 05 seat foam (10mm lower than the 06) and got the seat in soft (from GUTS) to make the bike more enjoyable for the wifie.

Now I'm off to break it in for her :thumbsup:

Next time buy from Bardwell Yamaha (1-800-952-4270). They will ship and you will end up paying the same but won't have to loose 3 days from work! Ask for Bubba and tell hin NYMXer sent you (please). :thumbsup:

I picked up a NEW '03 Suzuki RM85 from them 6 months ago. Like you, it was a great deal with good people, but my drive was "only" 11 hours each way.

Next time buy from Bardwell Yamaha (1-800-952-4270). They will ship and you will end up paying the same but won't have to loose 3 days from work! Ask for Bubba and tell hin NYMXer sent you (please). :thumbsup:

What city is Bardwell Yamaha in?

...Now I'm off to break it in for her :thumbsup:
Ahh, the sacrifices we make for our wives... :ride::applause:

Ha ha LOL... I know it was really hard work :ride:

Gotta say, this little YZ125 is very nice. It actually has some torque down low. I mean its torque is nothing you would want to use on the track but it helps make the engine feel healthy and will help the misses when she forgets to downshift.

In the middle the bike comes alive and pulls smoothly and quickly to the top. As all the mags mentioned, the bikes gears are spaced very nicely (6 gears :thumbsup:. I never fell into that less gears is more).

Very light, very good sounding and very fun.

By the way, this is how I got it home http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/itzbouttimefool/Picture393.jpg

that is a nice shop it is right off the highway, it is huge like the size of a walmart! every time i go to springfeild i stop there just because it is so nice. i only travel about an hour to get there though, one of the best dealerships i know of. they have good prices too. good luck with that yz :thumbsup: