Sign in to follow this  

The Saga Continues...CRF Blues

Well guys I have ranted and raved that the CRF has started to pay dividens. ...I was wrong. The red lady is showing her fury again.

The countershaft output bearing has exploded. I remember reading about this and everyone mentioned the chain adjustment. Well the chain is perfect. I noticed from the posts here that the 05 had this happen a few times with many owners. My gripe is leaning towards Honda having a bad batch of bearings. Our bike is an 04 but our case broke from a chain derailment last year almost exacty one year to the date at the same location. :thumbsup:

I had ordered a left side case in August 05 and rebuilt her in September 05. The bearing looked fine in the broken 04 case but only a fool would re-use that old bearing so i got a new one in August of 05. Maybe from the same batch that went into the 05 models. Just a theory.

Now to tear the dang thing out and replace it. I ill replace the crank also as that is the only engine part that has not failed us in the last 16 months.

Need to vent some more...... :ride::cry:

sorry to hear it man, hope shes good after this.

im hoping all of these issus are over for the 06's..seems the 06 models have less problems then the rest....i sure hope so....:thumbsup:

I remember reading about this and everyone mentioned the chain adjustment. Well the chain is perfect. I noticed from the posts here that the 05 had this happen a few times with many owners. My gripe is leaning towards Honda having a bad batch of bearings.
That's not cool..... Maybe time for a preemptive bearing change????

Be careful, don't rant too much, there are a lot of readers, who think that the CRF250X is the best thing ever designed. Others will tell you it HAS TO BE THE PINK WIRE. Honda may tell you it is a lack of oil that you should have known about, had you taken the time to memorize your owners manual, instead of using the measuring devices that your bike came with, you know, like the other ones every other bike in the world uses. Hey wait a minute, your not the WD-40 guy are you? That would definitely explain the problem. or maybe it was your choice of oil, Yea thats it. I bet you used inferior oil in your heap. You probably used a petrol based oil and not synthetic, yes, that has to be it. What ever your problem is, its your fault!!! It can not possibly be a problem at HONDA!!!!! As for me, the CRF250X (05) is the best dirt bike I have ever owned that has cost me about 3 dollars per mile. Come to think of it, its the only bike that has cost that much. I hope in the near future to increase the rate of dollar per mile, but as of now, I can't afford to take the chance. But it does look good in my garage......Good Luck.

I tried to get my son to ride. Bought him a bike and he never really rode it much. It's just sitting. Anyone need a mint 2004 CRF100?

Anyways, if my son was like your Junior, I would be very proud of his abilities and accomplishments in riding and racing, but pissed at the time and money he is costing me. Man, that's gatta suck. You need a sponsor of something...

I much preferr riding to wrenching. Much like DRH, I love my 05 250X. It's been good to me. I don't ride like Junior does, I'm too old for that, but I probably have just as much fun.

Sorry to hear about the problems, we are all here for you so go ahead and vent. Best wishes with the repair.

should i replace my bearings while my motor is apart?, should i put in 06 ballencer bearings?.. jeez pretty soon my bike will be an 06

should i replace my bearings while my motor is apart?, should i put in 06 ballencer bearings?.. jeez pretty soon my bike will be an 06

I am still searching for bearing info. A local bearing supplier is inquireing and has asked me to send in the old bearing for a failure analysis. When I have time I will sent it.

As for having your bike apart and wanting to change it, IMO it is a crap shoot but I would change it. If it has time on it then it can fail, If Honda has a bad batch or issue then you can not tell but chances are you will get a good bearing and be OK, I just have that black cloud...maybe it is due to global warming.. :thumbsup:

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, but be sure the tranny output shaft isn't bent. Not that that caused your problem but if it's slightly bent you could have issues later.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, but be sure the tranny output shaft isn't bent. Not that that caused your problem but if it's slightly bent you could have issues later.

i have a spare and that is going in...

Mike,

After seeing you on Sunday at the rattlesnake I'm glad junior was'nt hurt but sorry to hear about the red one. All I can say is I'm having my share of problems with the blue bike also, just not as expensive as my red dog. Hope you can fix her up quickly.