Sign in to follow this  

06 TE 250 gremlin - any clues?

charging around on the street on a warm day only to have the bike stop running. the bike had been running for around 30 minutes. no coughing as when low on gas, just nothing. checked the gas line out of the petcock, with supply steady.

after pushing, attempting to start numerous times, i hid the bike behind a tree and got a ride home. after pulling it home on the trailer (several hours later) low and behold it started.

any ideas? thanks

charging around on the street on a warm day only to have the bike stop running. the bike had been running for around 30 minutes. no coughing as when low on gas, just nothing. checked the gas line out of the petcock, with supply steady.

after pushing, attempting to start numerous times, i hid the bike behind a tree and got a ride home. after pulling it home on the trailer (several hours later) low and behold it started.

any ideas? thanks

Is the fuel vent line coming out of the gas cap blocked, pinched etc..? If you have one of the short #"ventlines with an aluminum cap they often become oxidized and won't let air breathe into the tank.Also check all of your fuel drain lines coming out of the carb to make sure they are not blocked sounds like it isn't get any air either into the tank or the carb.... lay the bike over all the way onto it's side and see if you are getting any fuel draining out of the carb...... simple but worth a try?

Mine did that a couple times `til the charcoal can thing and its plumbing, ah, fell off. And i installed jd jets. Now it runs great alla time.

You may want to either pull the vent tube off the gas tank to see if that helps or when it dies pull the gas cap off - you may feel a vacuum when you do.

thanks for the info - by the way, jd kit and smog removed. ill give it a go this weekend.