Sign in to follow this  

Rear shock spring question

Hi guys, I discovered on my new acquisiton a 2002 S model, a red spring on my rear shock and a lowered kit. I suspect It's not the original one. I saw some yellow spring on bike pics...Is there a chart for spring rate somewhere? Thanks yamyamsx

Hi guys, I discovered on my new acquisiton a 2002 S model, a red spring on my rear shock and a lowered kit. I suspect It's not the original one. I saw some yellow spring on bike pics...Is there a chart for spring rate somewhere? Thanks yamyamsx

Not color coded.. The color has changed over the years.

bronco's 03S has a red spring IIRC, mine on the 03R (same as E) is yellow. But I've seen SR have yellow springs in the same rate as the red ones from the S and I'm sure mine is the same as the red on the E's of that year.

More important than the actual spring rate number (since they apparently aren't color coded) is whether or not you can set your race sag and then have the proper static sag?

If it is aftermarket, it probably is not red or yellow and may be marked with the spring rate.

I don't think she bought an aftermarket spring, I'll ride with it and see if it's the good one for me. Thanks yamyamsx