Sign in to follow this  

klx 300 jetting

Just bought a big gun race series complete exhaust system. Currently running the main jet at stock (128) big gun says to go to 145, thought that was a lil steep. Any recommendations?

i just bought a fsw head pipe and a dg rmf muffler did all the free mods and installed a uni filter, also bought a dyno stage 2 jet kit im at sea-level what size jet should i run or should i just change the needle and leave the main jet stock thanks

Didn't Dynojet give you a suggested jet size? A 132 should work.

When you install the needle, make sure it goes all the way down into the hole in the slide. DJ has been sending out needles for the KLX300 that are a little too thick. Either drill out that hole SLIGHTLY or sand the needle down.

Ride on

Brewster

thanks brewster dj in there info page they sent with the kit is telling me to run a 128 but the stock is a 128 and running the bike now with the stock 128 needle she backfires when i backoff of the throttle, i was thinking about running the 132 like you said also, should i run with the clip 1 notch higher then were dj says to run with the 128 they are saying clip on the fourth slit thanks

mudrunner

When it back fires on decelleration, it's the pilot circuit, not the main jet or needle. Did you remove the thin aluminum plug from the pilot screw and adjust the screw? About 2 1/2 turns out should be good.

Some folks say that the DJ jets are not sized the same as stock oem jets.

Ride on

Brewster

thanks brewster i did the job today while the hurricane was comming by, i ckd the needle size and it fell thru the hole without the clip on it so i guess its ok actually the dj needle was thinner than the stock one in every way, i put the clip on the 3rd slit, also changed up to the 132 main someone has been into this carb before me, the idle jet plug was taken off and the idle screw was at 2.5 turns out so i went to 2.75, I found a small leak in my gas tank so im going to fix that tommorrow and then take it out for a romp, ill post how it does. thanks

thanks for the help brewster the thing runs like a scallded ape no backfire and nothing but pure power, pulled the wheel off the ground in 2nd and 3rd and wasnt even tryin this mod along with the others turned this klx into a very quick bike thanks again