Sign in to follow this  

Getting more power out of CRF100

What can I do to get a little more power out of a CRF100? My daughter is at the point where she needs a little more power out of her bike. At this time I don't have the money for a larger bike for her, so I would like to do a few things to get a little more power out of the bike she has now. Right now the bike is stock, so just about anything would help.

umm air filter might have a snorkel you can remove. maybe the baffle, i dont know much about the new CRF bikes. you could get a big bore kit or some sort or something like that.

My son has a 04 CRF100. We put on a pipe and UNI filter, changed the jetting and installed a Rev Box. Sorry to say... it is faster but not by much. We have had the same experince with an XR80. However we have had great results doing the same to a TTR125L. The same mods made a huge difference. The 80 and 100 are 2 of the best bikes we have owned, they just didn't produce power gaines like some other bikes. I'm not sure why.

There are about a million posts about this subject. For detailed info do a search. But a big bore kit is the best way to get decent power.

I opened up the air box, cut out most of the spark arrestor out, re-jetted main to 105, and put a 15 tooth sprocket for the drive sprocket.

Must say the bike is faster, I can pull a decent wheelie in 1st on pavement now. I'm 6'2", 190lb.

big bore kit....

i got a trailbikes 115cc big bore with race cam. night and day difference.

opening up the airbox and rejetting also improves the performance when combo'd with the big bore.

Not too much. Just get a manual. Pull the motor, undo the four cam tower bolts and that's about it. However, the first time you do it plan on a few hours at least to clean all the surfaces properly etc. A clymer's manual has step by step instructions with pictures and tolerances.