KLR600 still won't fire (HELP!)

My 85 KLR600 recently died on me (had no spark, I posted earlier on this). After much searching I found a broken wire for the sidestand sensor and fixed it, now it has spark, but still will not turn over. Fuel is getting to the carb, but not to the engine. I tried spraying starting fluid in the spark plug hole, nothing (I think it dries up before I get the plug threaded back in????) I also sprayed some down the intake manifold, still nothing. The bike originally died because of the broken wire, I don't think it died because of a combined spark/carb problem, yet there seems to be one now. Anyone who has insight as to what might be going on please share.

Thanks

Mitch

With compression, spark, and a combustible mixture, oughta fire! Assume you have compression; and, you stated you now have spark.

Starting fluid's most tricky; have a fire extinguisher handy (I'm NOT kidding); and squirt some directly into the carburetor venturi when cranking--this procedure insures a combustible mixture.

If you still get no response, I'd expect improper ignition and/or valve timing . . . hard to imagine the former, and the latter seems unlikely if you have compression when cranking.

A stuck valve might prevent starting, but it would compromise compression, giving a clue.

Good luck!

This is getting weirder (and more frustrating ? )

Took apart the carb today, appears to be in good working order, eliminates that possibility. I tried having a friend tow me while I let the clutch out in second, The engine turns and sounds like its running, but only when towed (give it gas and nothing happens). I'm pretty sure it has compression because kicking it over manually still takes a bit of effort. I don't know, I can't believe I bought this piece of s--t.