Sign in to follow this  

Anyone tried Amsoil 20w50 MCV Hi perf oil?

Does anyone have anythoughts on using Amsoils Hiperformance 20w50 motorcycle synthetic oil for their 450's motor?

I've always loved amsoil in my truck. And according to them, the Shear strength surpasses anything else. I'm not sure how that is measured, could someone please tell me?

josh

Does anyone have anythoughts on using Amsoils Hiperformance 20w50 motorcycle synthetic oil for their 450's motor?

I've always loved amsoil in my truck. And according to them, the Shear strength surpasses anything else. I'm not sure how that is measured, could someone please tell me?

josh

"ASTM D-2678 test is used to determine oil viscosity shear stability. The oil's initial viscosity is measured. Then the oil is subjected to shearing forces at 30 cycle intervals. The viscosity is measured at the end of 30, 90 and 120 cycles and compared to the oil's initial viscosity. The oils that perform well, are those that show little or no viscosity change." AMSOIL White Paper, A Study of Motorcycle Oils

also,

ASTM D-5481 test determines the oil's viscosity high temp high shear stability. Measures the oil's viscosity at high temps under shearing forces.

AMSOLIL Motorcycle oil performs well in both tests.

Sooo.... The 20w50 would be a good choice for alabama 110degree :thumbsup: riding weather? swwweeeettt.

now how bout on the transmission side? anyone using amsoil synthetics in there? or just good old honda pro lube?

Sooo.... The 20w50 would be a good choice for alabama 110degree :thumbsup: riding weather? swwweeeettt.

now how bout on the transmission side? anyone using amsoil synthetics in there? or just good old honda pro lube?

I used to run Amsoil in both sides until I started having issues with clutch slippage. I changed over to Rotella 15w40 and the clutch seems to hold much better. The Amsoil stuff was just too slick I think.

thats all i use in summer, i use the AMSOIL MCV 10w40 in fall/winter

HP trans in the tranny though..... but AMSOIL would work fine.. my only concern is it is "too good"... might encourage clutch slipage... These are only opinions based on experiance.. im no expert nor claim to be

I believe you would have to try very hard to buy a truly bad oil nowdays.And you won't find one in the Amsoil catalogue.Just my 2 cents.