Sign in to follow this  

Where you racing, AGP or High Mount.??

Hey guys, next weekend there is a Grand Prix at Dunmore, the NA warhorse event, which is on saturday and then there is also the hare scramble race at High Mountian on sunday. Ive raced both previously and done well at each track so I'm torn on which to go to. Where are all of you guys heading?? And does anyone know if there are any major track changes to High Mountian since last year?? I know the AGP will be a good event since so much track work has gone into it, and High Mount. was a blast last year, so help me out here! Thanx guys.

Hey can you guys give me some more information on that stuff. I have only raced mx but would like to try something different every now and then. Website or just talk about what goes on and how the course is.

Round #8 of the Atlantic Grand Prix Series is ready to go with All New Trail to replace the stuff we lost because in the floods.

This is going to be another awesome Atlantic Grand Prix event!

Here’s the deal...we’ve been busting our butts building an all new course up at NA Warhorse for the last month or so, revising and putting in new trails to replace the old ones that were destroyed by the floods.

The new course is about 8+ miles in length and is all MX Quad in width...So if you ride a bike or quad you won’t need bark busters.

The terrain is dirt and rocks and yes we still have some rocks, but nowhere as bad as before and NOWHERE AS BAD as a DISTRICT or ENDURO style Hare Scrambles.

Suspension Recommendation...set your compressions settings all the way soft and you’ll be real happy!

Remember:

Peewee, Youth, Adult Motorcycles and Pit Bikes on Saturday.

Youth Quads and Adult Quads on Sunday.

For more information go to: http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

Dale

YZ133, heres a little bout harescrambles in general and a lil about the tracks, First off: Your racing for 2 hours vs the typical 30 min moto or w/e they do, and it takes a lot more out of you, its like a 2 hour, balls all, marathon with no breaks or areas to slow down. The start has all of the bikes on a line, and the bike is not running, when the starter gives the signal, you fire up your bike and race to the first turn, it sounds harder then it is i think, and its still almost always a little tight in the first corner. The course's usually consist of some sort of grass track or an open area, a fast section in other words, and also consist of a lot of woods riding, depending on the location there may be major rock, sand, tight trees, all sorts of stuff, anything to make you have to work hard to finish. Nothin against MX, but alot of mx guys i know that have tried a harescramble, have come back to say, "your crazy, thats insane."

The tracks differ, the high mountain track is hyped as one of the most difficult tracks, its pretty crazy, long, and trecherous, to a true harescramble guy, a ton of fun!! The AGP is a bit easier riding, but it makes for closer, better racing instead of just battling the track itself. Both are equally good events.

This is a breifff overveiw of it, hopefully other guys will add to this and tell ya more but really, you just have to try one and see what you think. If i can give you one single piece of advice, it would be, drink ALOT of water or gatorade before the race, i usually drink 3 big bottles of power ade, and then make sure ya take a leak right before you get to the start line, its incredibly hard riding with a full bladder.

Hope this helped a little bit, Feel free to ask anything ya need.

It is to dam hot to be riding. Unless there is a swimming hole near by. I hope those races have a water truck with a guy hosing people down.

Haha yea thats for sure, but i hear this weekend is supposed to cool down to the 80's, im hoping that holds true... If so it should be pretty good conditions

Info for HMDR is on the site. HMDR Website

The track 8-9 miles, is a true harescramble track that is mostly 80% single track trail with some passing areas, It is not like the wide open GNCC courses. We will be running it with a new direction and some new trail on the mountain. Not sure if the rock gardens will get groomed or not. :thumbsup:

If you are on a bike then hit the AGP series on saturday then ride South 1 hour 15 minutes to HMDR, camp out, have Dinner and rest up for sunday.

This has the potential of being a great double header weekend for those interested.

Saturday August 5th, The Atlantic Grand Prix series will be running round #8 of our Cross Country series just outside of Scranton PA.

Our events and courses are run just like the GNCC’s Same classes and same rules.

The Schedule for Saturday

PeeWees Minicycles starts at 10:00am and run for 45 minutes.

Youth Minicycles starts at 11:00am and run for 1 hour.

Adult Motorcycle starts at 12:30pm and run for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Pit Bikes race starts at 3:30 and run for 45 minutes

NOTE: SUNDAY IS QUADS ONLY!

For more information on the Saturday’s AGP event go to: http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/aug5.html

Sunday August 6th, The High Mountain Dirt Riders will be hosting their ECEA/D6 Hare Scrambles only an hour south of us.

Their event is a traditional motorcycle hare scrambles with lots of single track. As always it will be an excellent weekend for everyone.

The Schedule for Sunday

PeeWees Minicycles starts at 9:00am and run for 45 minutes.

Youth Minicycles starts at 10:30am and run for 1 hour.

Adult Motorcycle starts at 1:00pm and run for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

NO PIT BIKES PERMITTED!

For more information on Sunday’s HMDR event go to: http://www.hmdr.org

Dale

Thanks Dale.

I wish we were not cutting trail at HMDR on Saturday as we need to get to a AGP race, The Dunmore events are 8 miles from my house :thumbsup:

Take care and good luck with the series... :ride:

Mike

PS ..... the HMDR Main Event is 2 hours+ - 1pm to 2pm

Hey Mike,

Good luck with the event, it looks like the temp's are going to be in the mid 80's for weekend.

Dale

I'm going to check out the AGP race on saturday. I prefer the wider trails over the really tight ECEA stuff. I get my butt handed to me at those types of tracks!

SOOOO howd everyone do?! I took 4th in C 4-stroke with 3 laps in 2 hours 5 mins. Man that was a heck of a track, i swear it was narlyier(sp) than last year, seemed like even more rocks, but I had a blast.

man i didnt stay for results but here they are http://www.ecea.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10431 , i took 18 in 200 B even though i signed up for 200c and i started with the c class,, that was one hard track did you hit any of teh tree stumps i nailed one on the first lap trying to get by a guy and did a really big stoppy(sp) really rocky to my arms are still all score

6th in C 4 stroke...what a track. Tons of fun, Ill be feeling that race for a few days. The few uphills were gnarly...people everywhere. Every time I approached them I had to pick a different line to get around the people. The grass track with big stumps around each turn was my biggest problems.

Yea rm125 i found the stumps as well, if i could see them coming i would try to get the front end up and wheelie over, i dont care where the back end is as long as i have control of the front. Thanx alot for the link to results!

Yea rm125 i found the stumps as well, if i could see them coming i would try to get the front end up and wheelie over, i dont care where the back end is as long as i have control of the front. Thanx alot for the link to results!

I'm the same but when i cant see what is coming up is alittle different for me

man i wish they would have up arrow leaving the track to because i had a 70 mile wrong turn