Sign in to follow this  

Two Brothers Exhaust - Any problems?

I just purchased a Two Brothers exhaust (slip on type) today and the dam slip on pipe is the same diameter as the header pipe, if not a bit bigger. :thumbsup: I tried to expand the header pipe with an exhaust tube expander like what an automotive exhaust shop would use. Still no luck. :ride: Did I just become the unlucky one or has any one else had this same problem?

Q: I looked at the FMF web site the other day and noticed that FMF does not carry the Q2 for the DR650 any more. Any one have this pipe? I know Jesse has them for a good price but are they compatable with the 2006 DR650?

Thanks-

DZSO

I have an 04 DR and didn't have any problems putting the TwoBros on. I pretty happy with mine all around except slightly louder than I wanted.

I I know Jesse has them for a good price but are they compatable with the 2006 DR650?

'96-2006, they are all the same as far as exhausts are concerned.

I just purchased a Two Brothers exhaust (slip on type) today and the dam slip on pipe is the same diameter as the header pipe, if not a bit bigger. :ride: I tried to expand the header pipe with an exhaust tube expander like what an automotive exhaust shop would use. Still no luck. :cry: Did I just become the unlucky one or has any one else had this same problem?

There is a thread somehwere about someone receiving the wrong s-pipe with there 2 Brothers. I can't find it at the moment...

EDIT: found the thread here. Check your part numbers for starters I guess. Hope it helps. :thumbsup:

I got the Q2 on my 05 model. Should work on the 06 no problem. It is louder than stock. Noticeable performance gain throughout the range. Much lighter. Got it about a year ago. Can't remember who I got it from though. Aww here we go www.team11moto.com It don't list it for the 06. Don't know why it wouldn't work though. I think I paid $303 for mine to the door. Might have t call them to order.

Just got off the phone with 2Bros. It seams that the machine that does the bending and pipe crimping was out of calibration. My measurements for 4 areas of the outside diameter on the slip-on end was 1.751 - 1.710 - 1.712 - 1.741. Not exactly round by any means. They are making new slip-on ends and are to ship directly to the house. The sales person knew exactly what the problem was. I will post when I receive the new end and detail my findings.

Thanks to all that replied to my post. :thumbsup:

DZSO

It seems like nothings ever easy. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the turn around.

I talked with "Dave" at @ Bros and told him that I was returning the pipe at my own expense and that I would appreciate a quick turn-around. I'll post my findings of happiness or displeasure when I get the pipe back.

DZSO

That sucks you have to return it at your expense. They should at least send you a free tshirt or hat or both!

Received the slip-on pipe part Friday. Sent out Monday via FED-EX and received back by UPS. Total turn-around time was 5 days.

Slip-on pipe / header pipe fit: No problem now. However, had to loosen the header pipe hex head screws at the cylinder head and strong arm the slip-pipe mounting bolt at the clamp to get the hex head bolt started. I left the 4 small hex head bolts at the muffler / slip pipe loose per the directions. Noticed that the muffler mounting bracket for the hex head bolt to the frame was not properly aligned. Drilled out the mounting rubber donut aluminum spacer thus allowing the mounting bolt to properly fit the hole. Even went as far as loosing all mounting / attachment bolts and ensuring everything was properly aligned. Tightened up everything and started it.

Sound was more than I wanted. Did ride it today and either I am getting used to it, or it has seamed to quited down a bit. Or, it must be that I did a C-130 - Ramp airborne operation this morning as the Static Safety (C-130's are DAM LOUD)... (Your Choice)

Bottom Line: I would not recommend the 2 Brothers Exhaust at this time. It cost me $317.00 w/tax with my military discount from Cycle Gear. Not including shipping of the slip-on pipe at $25.00 of my own expense.

I wish someone would do a "After Market Exhaust Pipe Shoot Off" with emphasis on the noise level at idle, 1/2 throttle and full throttle then dyno each pipe.

Anyway - Hope this helps anyone else looking for a new pipe.

DZSO

What jrs200 said!!

I'll bet this thread alone will cost 2 bros a lot more than $25 in sales.

I feel mine is a little on the loud side also.