Sign in to follow this  

Quiet Exhaust ?????????

Alright guys,

I race at my local track and they require everything to be under 95db due to complaints from the surrounding area neighbours, no big deal! The thing is this, my DRZ400SM with the Yosh slip-on exhaust exhaust with quiet tip is still too loud. So now that I have an FCR MX coming and have done the 3X3 I want to get the quietest full system that will be as quiet as possible and not restrict to much to rob power. What are your thoughts on what to get that will fit? (remember, keep max flow and minimal noise) Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

put the stocker back on. I don't think you are gaining much from the slip on.

couple of options I would consider. the stock pipe actually seems to flow quite well. I read a magazine test once in which they installed a quiet core into a full yosh and it actually lost power compared to stock. I would go that route-especially when racing (and crashing). I would do the end cap mod and remove the spark arrestor screen and use an E head pipe.

Other option that might work is to get your hands on a hindle quiet insert. It goes into a 2" muffler (straight through, f.g. packed silencer like yours). The hindle can has a very slight taper in the central sleeve from front to back and the core slides in until it cant go any further, and there it stays. I think it could be adapted to the yosh can with a bit of ingenuity and it makes a huge difference in sound level and is not supposed to be as restrictive as an end cap restrictor like the yosh cores.

Stock muffler with a stock or aftermarket E headpipe.

i would think that the quiet insert would be fine on that..

I have 3x3 with full yosh... when I put my quiet insert in i was tested at 94

I think the FMF Q2 and Powerbomb may be a good fit. I run that and I had to pass some 92 test in the woods, some ranger was pissed at some 2 strokes so he called us over. :thumbsup:

Check their site out or call them, I am not sure how accurate the in the woods, bike covered in mud, and ranger holding the mic thing close of the muffler is... :ride:

Thanks kman, your option actually sounds not to bad. Have you put the powerbomb on yet? Do you find a power increase or just better sound. Reason I ask is I'm competing against 650's and such and need the most I can get (I catch up in the corner's but they kill me on the straights). Hence the FCR MX on the way and a full system to go with it. Short of that I'll definetely have to go to engine mods. (money, money, money :thumbsup: )

I did put the powerbomb on and I did notice a difference. I love the power and sound of it. I don't have an FCR but never get left behind. Especially on the steep hills.

Also, the powerbomb is an excellent fit, slipped mine on in 10 minutes, sealed the connection with copper silicone, and it love it. :thumbsup: