Sign in to follow this  

platic kits for the 450x

i don't know about kits, but crfsonly has individeal UFO pieces.

UFO sells a plastic kit, it comes with the front and rear fenders, side panels and radiator shrouds. if you want the mud flap, fork guards, front number plate, disc guards and radiator louvres you need to buy the OEM ones. I don't think anyone sells a complete plastic kit like that for any bike.

Anyone have any links to a UFO kit?

can't find any but phone your shop and ask them, they should have it.

Well I fractured my heel a couple weeks ago and I am getting bored hanging around the house. So I bought some new UFO plastics for my X. I put on front and rear fenders and new side panels all in the color of black. The only problems I had with fit are with the left side. Getting the panel and the air box door to match up nicely. Looking at the stock panel and the UFO panel I noticed that where the lower bolt hole (below the door at the sub frame) was shallower than the stock panel. I put a 1/4" plastic washer between the panel and the sub frame and that made a nice fit wiith the door and the side panel. Also the panel came with a piece of plastic to replace the white piece on the door. I have one question. On the right side I need to put some of that silver heat reflective tape on the back of the panel. Would you think that air duct sealing tape( not your typical duck tape) would be the same thing?

Jeff

Would you think that air duct sealing tape( not your typical duck tape) would be the same thing?

Jeff

i didnt put anything on mine and it's fine. if you are worried, i'd use silver colored insulation tape :cool: