Sign in to follow this  

Fluidyne rad's hit header,any recommendations?

Installing Fuidyne radiators on 2001 K model. Left radiator (clutch side) hits exhaust. This is on new Yosh. TRS pipe I was going to install. I tried with my FMF powerbomb and same thing hits radiator but gets closer than the Yosh. Radiator would have to go up about minimum 1/4 inch or forward, or both.

I could remount the radiator but would not be able to use the rubber grommet isolators.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any recommendations?

Would it hurt the radiators to mount solid to frame without rubber isolators?

Thanks, Russ.

I didn't have this problem with my setup. Fluidyne + Unabikers + Yosh TRS.

Its all a tight fit. But it fit.Are you sure you can't rotate the Yosh header CCW on the header mount enough to clear?

Loosen all your exhaust stuff up and rotate it till it clears. Try it... I bet you can make it all work.

Nate, are you talking about the left side (clutch side) ?. It hits right after it comes out of the cylinder on bottom of radiator where the notch out is on the rad. tank for the pipe. The right ( throttle side ) has good 1/2" clear.

If I install the top rad. mount and try to swing the bottom mount to line up it hits the pipe and needs to go about another 1/4" or more to line up. Or the whole radiator needs to go up. I had the pipe installed hand tight with a little play and tried to move around but doesnt help, the head pipe was all the way up inside the header clamp. I could get another 1/16" maybe out of the exhaust gasket as I did not have it tightened all the way down but dont think it will be enough.

I think I am going to bolt a piece of 1/8" x 1" flat stock aluminum to the side of radiator, relocate holes and bolt direct to frame without rubber isolators. I dont know if the isolators are to give some flex in a crash or to isolate vibration?

I guess I got lucky on mine. :thumbsup: Must be just a tolerencing issue. Variations during assembly of the radiators.

Wow. Thats an old thread. I ended up making a bracket to slightly relocate the rads but it was a lot of work.And that was just to get the FMF header to work, the Yosh is still in the box. Flat spotting the header and or rad would be easier.