Sign in to follow this  

fenders and baffle

the front fender on my 05 klx 300r isnt doing it for me, i was wondering if a front fender from an 06 kxf 250 would fit or could be made to fit. and people tell me about how they take out the baffle on their KLX, i try but it doesnt wanna come out, can anyone help me out!!??

the kx250f fender will fit, but you may have to shim the rear bolt holes due to a clearance problem with the frame. I have an 05 klx, i put on a 06 kx250f fender on it, and all i did was take the fender spacer things out of the klx fender and put the front 2 in from the bottom, and put the back two in from the top (insted of all four from the top). if that made any sense, basically i cheated. but it works great, and looks killer. :thumbsup:

hey i noticed u had a nice rear fender on your bike from the pic, you mind telling me where i can order one?

The baffle that is mentioned is the end plate on the muffler. Two bolts hold it on. The hole in middle where the exhaust comes out is only about 1/2" in diameter.

Ride on

Brewster

ok i took off the two screws that u were talking about.... nothing budges, the exhaust on my 05 klx 300 seems to been all on peice(the end piece cannot be removed) i admit i dont have a clue what im doing cuz i thought the baffle was the spart arrestor so if someone could give me some info on exhaust and how to take out the baffle or spart arrestor or whatever it would help ahha

What is the approximate inside diameter of the hole at the back end of your muffler where the exhaust comes out? Maybe the Canadian version is different than ours.

Ride on

Brewster

i look inside my exhaust and i see a cone shaped thing and it almost looks like its made of wire mesh or something and i tried pulling it out with pliers and doesnt budge. the end of my exhaust looks like its welded on so the end plate has to stay on(i think)

haha ok i feel like a complete idiot now, the baffle is already off, i guess ive been wanting to take out the spark arestor