Avalanche & bikes?

I've had many pickups over the years & every one of them flexed @ the top front of the bed with a bike strapped in. Never gave it much thought. Now I've got one of those "tupperware" trucks as my friends like to call it. I don't foresee using it much if at all for hauling a motorcycle but if I do, I'm concerned about the mid-gate flexing enough to cause damage. Parts are so freakin' expensive for this thing I won't even consider it unless it's an emergency. I'm sure someone out there has tried this. Any input?

Nope, mine's an '04 with the cladding (hence the nickname "tupperware truck"). Wanted the one without the moldings but was a bit out of our price range which seems stupid as there are fewer parts on the non-clad version. Mine's a 1/2 ton with 5.3 & a locking rear diff. So far it has 40,000 trouble free miles. I actually use it like a truck much more than I thought I would. Pretty cool setup. Nice to throw a whold sheet of plywood in flat on the floor of the bed.

I have been using mine to haul bikes around since 03 when it was new and so far nothing has happened to the "midgate". Even with two bikes tied down tight for a long trip it never flexes, I would not worry about hauling the bike around at all.

it will be fine no problems....i have a bed slide in the back of mine and have hauled bikes before in it

and 2004 was the first year they offered no body cladding... and its cheaper without body cladding

2004 z71 carbon