Sign in to follow this  

getting compensation for the 04 Rmz

OK, I got the radiators, the boysen water pump, seized the cams changed head (06 kawi head with the oil groove for the intake cam). Still overheats in technical stuff. Changed clutch with stiffer springs.

I figured I'd change cables since motor was just rebuilt. Motion pro makes 05-06 cables that don't fit. I just bought 04 sunline matrix cables. Throttle cable bind the throttle tube (don't work). I'll try the clutch side later. This bike is really pissing me off. I just want to ride with some confidence that the bikes not going to crap out at the next turn. I think Suzuki should give us 04 owners some kind of refund. Obviously, this bike came out before it's time and us owners had to pay the aftermarket and Kawasaki to make the bike half decent.

Anyone reading this know someone at Suzuki? I want my money back!!!!

They're are lots of 04's out there with no problems at all. This is an MX bike. Not designed for "the technical stuff". They need a LOT of air flowing through the radiators! I have a couple buddies with 04's that ride MX only and have never overheated the bike.

Send your bike to me and I will send you a few bucks compensation. I love my 04, no unusual problems in 2 hard years of use!

I realise this bike is made for mx so are the yz250f and crf250 and the rrest of the two stroke bikes I ride with. I'm the only one spewing out fluids. Recently, put zip ty radiator fluid and two2cool oil additive (so far so good).

My peeve is that every major rebuilder knows the flaws of this bike and make a lot of money trying to fix it. When Suzuki should be admitting fault and compensate. The 05 for example has bigger radiators, straighter clutch cable, better flowing two piece water pump cover, stronger crank, stronger gears, revised torque specs for cam bearing cap (that they don't tell anyone till they do it and seize their cam). So, they knew the 04 had problems or why change anything.

I'm glad for you mxers and enduro riders who keep fast pace and wind flowing through your radiators with no problems. I envy you guys because thats how I like to ride. Which is why I don't like trail bikes.

I realise this bike is made for mx so are the yz250f and crf250 and the rrest of the two stroke bikes I ride with. I'm the only one spewing out fluids. Recently, put zip ty radiator fluid and two2cool oil additive (so far so good).

My peeve is that every major rebuilder knows the flaws of this bike and make a lot of money trying to fix it. When Suzuki should be admitting fault and compensate. The 05 for example has bigger radiators, straighter clutch cable, better flowing two piece water pump cover, stronger crank, stronger gears, revised torque specs for cam bearing cap (that they don't tell anyone till they do it and seize their cam). So, they knew the 04 had problems or why change anything.

I'm glad for you mxers and enduro riders who keep fast pace and wind flowing through your radiators with no problems. I envy you guys because thats how I like to ride. Which is why I don't like trail bikes.

Funny, the only time I have had a problem with the cams is when i SCREWED up and overtorqued the cam caps. Other than that, no problem.

Stronger crank? No problems here either.

No problems overheating in 100 degree summer heat.

My stock 04 seems to be working just fine for me with 2+ hard years of use.

Believe me I have seen YZf's & CRF's spew as well. You cant scream at Suzuki for a joint venture bike (mostly Kawasaki). Although the 04's (Kawi & Suzuk) had a few flaws, they were easy fixes. Most of the issues are rider inflicted and improper techniques. I have no issues with my 04', and absolutely love the thing.

As far as trail riding, I would not run a MX bike, the DRZ or WR's rip on the trails. Oh yeah, thats what they are made for????? Sorry for your feelings, however if you are going to use a MX bike (any make) you need to go faster and get air in the rads, or get a bike that was designed for that type of riding. :thumbsup:

Funny, the only time I have had a problem with the cams is when i SCREWED up and overtorqued the cam caps. Other than that, no problem.

Stronger crank? No problems here either.

No problems overheating in 100 degree summer heat.

My stock 04 seems to be working just fine for me with 2+ hard years of use.

That's just what I wrote. Revised torque specs. How many will find out like you did. As far as the crank goes I never had a problem but, most of the good rebuilders will tell you if you modify change the stock 04 crank. (not my words)

Believe me I have seen YZf's & CRF's spew as well. You cant scream at Suzuki for a joint venture bike (mostly Kawasaki). Although the 04's (Kawi & Suzuk) had a few flaws, they were easy fixes. Most of the issues are rider inflicted and improper techniques. I have no issues with my 04', and absolutely love the thing.

As far as trail riding, I would not run a MX bike, the DRZ or WR's rip on the trails. Oh yeah, thats what they are made for????? Sorry for your feelings, however if you are going to use a MX bike (any make) you need to go faster and get air in the rads, or get a bike that was designed for that type of riding. :thumbsup:

I read a lot of your previous post and slowly got my parts. Moneys kinda tight. The rebuild set me back the most. I'm glad you know your bike and share your praises for your modded 04. Maybe my next maintainence won't be so costly and difficult. Maybe you should write the next sticky. :ride: Thanks

I still think suzuki should give us a thousand dollars or so off the 07. What do you think 04 owner? It's only right!!!!!!!!!

Sure I am for Suzuki giving me some $$ off my next purchase. However I blame the dealers who sell them and fail to inform customers of the needed mods. But hey, they are selling bikes.

As far as mods, I would do many of the mods I have preformed to any make. Lets face it, the manufactures do not really build these thing to withstand the punishment of racing or riding hard. All makes have their flaws.

Thank god for Thumpertalk, I found this forum when I bought my 4-stroke. If I had not, I am sure I would have been in the same boat. Anyway, hope all is well with your bike and you now get some enjoyment! :thumbsup:

That's funny about the crank.. The same 04 crank is used in the 2006 without a problem. The stock crank is strong enough for most mods that guys are doing. Sure the PC motors and the full on factory bikes are changing the cranks, but look at their budgets..

That's funny about the crank.. The same 04 crank is used in the 2006 without a problem. The stock crank is strong enough for most mods that guys are doing. Sure the PC motors and the full on factory bikes are changing the cranks, but look at their budgets..

The 06 crank is hardened I'm sorry I thought it was 05. According to Eric Gorr the crank should be changed in highly modded or big bore applications(claims it cracks). Maybe it's scare tactics.

http://www.eric-gorr.com/faq/faq.html

take a look at thumpers

Our stock cranks have held up to Big bore kits, high comp pistons, trick valve and head mods without no problems at all. In fact these bikes have had to have less rank bearing replacements than many other makes I have worked on in the last year!

Yes even the 04' had a good crank!