Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Clutch & Ignition covers

When is someone going to make a stronger aluminium cases? The TT case guards are just not strong enough for Australian conditions, currently both my cases are cracked, and ive only had the bike 6 months.

Any word TT?

check out Factory Pro,they make a billet clutch side cover for drz400e/s

I currently have 2 on my 2 drz's,no problems :thumbsup:

Clutch cover is easy to find, the ignition cover is not available. Just look at the chunk of metal they'd have to start with and then how much would end up as millings on the floor.

Yeah...I asked the guy who makes those aluminum covers for the oil filter and the starter gear about doing them for the Clutch and Ignition side and he said the same thing...Clutch side is no problem but the piece of aluminum and work that would be required for the ignition side would be more expensive than most people would want to pay for...

I second the SFB. They are made in Canada too so that's a change for me. (Cheaper) They don't make the igition side. If anyone wants a carbon fiber cover for the Clutch side I have one of those too. I took it of and put the SFB on. It is NOT a complete cover.. Just a piece that goes over the stock cover. I think it's an E-line but I can't remember. PM me.

Dave

"Cheaper" or "less expensive"?

Sorry.. you're totally right.. Less expensive.. SFB is definitely not "Cheap". Just no exchange or duty for us..

When is someone going to make a stronger aluminium cases? The TT case guards are just not strong enough for Australian conditions, currently both my cases are cracked, and ive only had the bike 6 months.

Any word TT?

Ahh, yes the harder Australian rocks...Some of the worlds hardest... Or is it just the riders :ride:

Really,, what do you think is so specific to AU riding that would keep a product from working, that has successfully worked all over the rest of the world (hint, places other then AU have rocks :cry: ) :thumbsup:

As has been said....if your that covered get a replacement cover E Line or SBF, and then protect the other side as best you can.. Consider a custom made skid plate

I ride in snotty tight rocky single track, and hills with rock ledges that your bike will slip off as soon as your tyre hits it, unless you do it the exact correct angle.

I've dropped my bike 100 times in the 6 months i've owned it, so i need more protection.

My waterpump cover has deep scratches in it and i'm suprised it hasnt cracked yet, oil filter cover bolts are almost scraped off, the TT cover of the clutch has been dented in from the brake pedal, and the gear lever has punched a nice dent in on the ignition side, and leaks oil slowly.

I've pancaked a radiator, even with rad guards, and i dont even ride fast at all, all these stacks are from rough terrain trying to get up a hill or making a mistake in single track, at less than 5mph!

It's not just me, all bikes i've seen riding in aussie conditions get a hell of a beating, only the Yamaha and KTMs can seem to hold up stock :thumbsup:

Indeed, we got alot of rock. No yamaha or KTM suits my needs, i'd prefer to modify the DRZ. Maybe i can weld a something flat on the side of the gearshifter. but then the brake lever still dented the case pretty good.