Sign in to follow this  

First time on a Hair Scramble trail

Waldo was closed yesterday due to rain Saturday night so we went to Hard Rock instead. While we were there we decided to try the hair scramble trail there. I only thought MX was crazy, I nearly decapitated myself 3 times :thumbsup: do HS riders go as fast as you do on a track? And for God's sake, will somebody clean up those tree branches!

HWAP, (LMAO)

You would not believe how insanely fast the A and AA guys smoke the woods in a HS. And yeah also get seriously injured if they make an error too.

My personal best in my class was a 3rd place and I was riding way over my head (that saying about how things seem to be just "zooming" by is absolutely true because all I was focusing on was the trail, "nothing else").

Its all FUNNNNN,

Don :thumbsup:

You should try a HS, they are a lot of fun. You just have to watch out for trees. I ride in Dons class and it is very competitive even tho the old guys talk like its all fun.

Dan

That Hard Rock HS trail is great. You have to leave the trees, makes it more fun. How did you you like some of those hill's? About as vertical I would ever try. Did you take the long/hard trail? I saw a hill on that trail whoop one of the best hill guys I have seen (I'll let him tell who he is if he wants).

We went on the Roller Coaster trail and that was a mistake. My son (who's 11) and I have been riding/racing MX since last November but had never ridden any big hills. He had no problem riding the Main Track but I guess the hills on it aren't quite as steep. Anyway, he flipped over backwards at the top of one of those hills on the trail and went down about 40 feet on his back and laid there in the middle of the trail. It was the first time he's really scared me. He turned out to be all right, just bruised up (he had full gear on as always and his chest protector looked like someone used it to crush rock with). I didn't have any problem with it but I'm sure this is easier to do at a slow speed on a thumper (2nd gear, lean forward, half throttle all the way up). I tried to ride his bike up the hill and couldn't do it either so I wound up push-riding it up, which at 2pm nearly killed me, lol. Once we got back to the truck and he cooled off he was fine and we rode the tracks until they closed.

As for the HS trail, we went on the one that starts to the left of the Outback track and winds around for a while. After 10-15 minutes we came to a downhill that was more like a cliff and we turned around and crossed to where the trail exit is. All in all it was a great day, but that one incident wasn't fun. I should have talked to him about how to ride the hills before we went.

Racing Hair Scrambles I can't see myself doing, lol. I think about some of the MX races I've been where I came in to hot into a turn and went over a berm. Now what happens in a HS when you do this? They come scrape you off an Oak Tree looking like Wile E. Coyote after a cliff fall?

Hey Brett and DonO, how about a nice big glass of shut-the-hell-up. LOL.

Yes, Yes, that hill with the log about 12 feet from the top kicked my ass. And I can't wait to try it again! :thumbsup:

Man, that's gotta be hard to seei your kid tumbling backwards down one of the rollercoaster hills. :ride:

Yes, Yes, that hill with the log about 12 feet from the top kicked my ass. And I can't wait to try it again!

:thumbsup: That's the guy :ride:

Ryan said he could have done it on his TTR

Scott,

Its STFU not STHU (get with the FLA, that's "four letter acronyms")

HWAP,

Glad your boy was fine, your lucky it wasn't wet on the Roller coaster, then its "real" fun.

As for HS racing you got it all wrong, they just leave you wrapped around the "PINE" tree (provides cushion for the next guy/gal). I myself have met a tree or two (there was one race that a particular tree was right in the middle of the trail - trail split to either side - after a quick turn and I nailed that sucker "every" lap (there was a guy watching the action at that spot and he was laughing his ass off every time I hit it, it had to be a comical sight)

Don :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: That's the guy :ride:

Ryan said he could have done it on his TTR

And throw a no-footer at the top....yeah, yeah, I know.

Yes, Yes, that hill with the log about 12 feet from the top kicked my ass. And I can't wait to try it again! :thumbsup:

:ride:

There is an obstacle in this universe that you couldnt do? I do not believe that.

And ummm it's Hare, not hair. :applause:

And ummm it's Hare, not hair. :thumbsup:

doh, you're right! It must be that mark the tree left on my head that's affected my ability to spell (no, on second thought I couldn't spell before that tree).