Sign in to follow this  

2007 gas tank part number for the XCW-F

For the last few weeks, KTM has told dealers that it would not release the part number to order the larger gas tank on the 250 XCW-F until the bikes hit show room floors.

Looks like this is the week for some dealer to get one here in the US.

If any of you would be kind enough to ask for a confirming size and part number and get it over to me, that would be great.

We are looking for a 2.2 gallon tank on the 2007 250 XCW-F.

For those that have not been following my post on this opportunity. It looks like this is the only 250 f model that comes with a larger tank that can be bolted to the 05/06 SXF frame.

Believe it or not, KTMs 250 F line up will come with two different frames for 2007. The XCF, XCW-F and EXC-F will retain last years frame from the SXF. The 2007 250 SXF's will have the new frame.

The reason that I need some help from those with eyes on this bike this week is because some of the sales managers told my dealer that the tank does not exist, but it is pictured on the corporate web sight and is listed as a 2.2 gallon tank on page 12 of the XCW-F manual. Tough to get a tank on order when they themselves are confused about the size of tanks on which model.

Hope someone can be the hero this week.

Thank You in advance.

Cactus

That has been posted before but it's not the correct number... :thumbsup:

Cactus

That has been posted before but it's not the correct number... :thumbsup:

Why not? The 2006/2006 SX-F tank was part number 7700701300004. Is it because it says 7l tank in the description?

Cactus, With the discription noting 7 Liters (1.8Gallon) I am stuck waiting for someone to confirm the actual tank as a 2.2 gallon before ordering. I guess I could order against that part number, but that would be a lot of shipping and waiting for what I hope someone can remidy this week.

Can you get a visual on the tank that goes with that part number?

Thanks

FUEL TANK CPL. 7L EXC-F 06