Sign in to follow this  

Trying to decide on new bike: Help!

I urgently need some help on the choice of my new bike. I've just got rid of my YZ250 (2 stroke) and am looking to replace it with a late model 450. The thing is I've heard something negative about each make. All of the dealers I've approached slag off the other brands (Not supprisingly) so i need an objective opinion from guys that have owned a few bikes, as well as general info on which 450 is the most reliable. P.S. I am tending towards a rather nice 2005 RMZ 450 that i test rode on the weekend.

Thanks ya'll.

Each year model is different! The 06 YZF450 got spectacular reviews last year. The CRF450 is also a great choice. I would go with one of those.

I've just been through the same process, and I decided the '06 YZ450F is the best 450. I'm very happy with it.

Why don't you do what most of the "masses" do and jump on the bandwagon buying the bike that best MX'r in the world is on. That's in fact why Suzuki signed him in the first place, so they could get more sales. So go ahead and support RC, cause that's really what it's all about, supportin your favorite rider.

Ok, on a more serious note... I'm curious what kind of ridding are you going to be doing, if it's MX then I say they are all 6's and buy the bike that you get the best deal on. That's my 2cents worth, so take it as that...

Yamaha YZ450F with out a doubt, and not just because I own one. The 2006 model is the best out of the crate bike you will ever get, the older models are awesome too, but not as good as the '06. Suzuki is good bike too, I was about to get the '06 RMZ450 but went with the Yamaha instend.

KX450F...just had to put it on here :thumbsup:

Seriously, though, I'd go with the 05 RMZ450 or the 06 YZ250F

List of best bikes, imo, according to year:

06- YZ450F

05- RMZ450/CRF

04- CRF450

03-....

I see allot of people recommending the 06 YZF450 - Isn't this bike being recalled because the motor needs to be rebuilt or something...... :thumbsup:

I was also looking to buy an 06 RMZ450, did alot of research and wised up and bought a YZ250. What an incredible machine. But If I was to buy a 4 stroke it would have been the RMZ, 4 gears = less shifting and that sounds about right.

I see allot of people recommending the 06 YZF450 - Isn't this bike being recalled because the motor needs to be rebuilt or something...... :thumbsup:

:ride: Nope...the '06 YZ250F's had valve recalls, but Yamaha fixes it all for free of charge for their customers. The 450f had zero recalls or problems.

I see allot of people recommending the 06 YZF450 - Isn't this bike being recalled because the motor needs to be rebuilt or something...... :ride:

i thought that was the honda :cry:

YAMAHA all the way :thumbsup:

The YZ450F. Even though Carmicheal rides a Suzuki, he only does it for the money, I'm positive he would ride a Yami if they gave him the money, but they already have a great in Reed.

The YZ450F. Even though Carmicheal rides a Suzuki, he only does it for the money, I'm positive he would ride a Yami if they gave him the money, but they already have a great in Reed.

True that, but you can't buy a bike because a pro racer rides that brand. Everything on the pro's bikes is factory, their bikes cost something around $40,000 compared to a $6,500 stocker.

No one has asked what type of riding you plan to do. If it's off road, Husqvarna is the best hands down. Best design, best power, best value. If it's for mx just pick a jap bike, any one.

No one has asked what type of riding you plan to do. If it's off road, Husqvarna is the best hands down. Best design, best power, best value. If it's for mx just pick a jap bike, any one.

What about KTM for off-road? IMO they own Husky's in that area, IMO.