Sign in to follow this  

600 mile service for DRZ400SM and loctite

hi, my bike is in the shop now, and i was wondering...

should i have them loctite any parts on the bike while they have it? i'd rather they did than rely on me to ever get around to it.

also, i know there are different color/strengths of loctite, at least blue and red from what i recall. which one should i have them use?

thanks, ben

Primary NUt Red Loctite CS sprocket nut too But Id find out how much they will charge first.... The p_nut they could command a small fortune for this service

yea, if its not too much extra $$$, have them locktight the nuts, but you could do it yourself and save some $ and know that it got done!

heres a tip: blue is for things that you might want to remove, and red for things that you want someone else to remove.

Good luck getting them to do the standard locktite parts. It is not something suzuki recommends as service parts and so I bet you'll get some resistence to using red locktite on the p nut or ccs splines.

Good luck getting them to do the standard locktite parts. It is not something suzuki recommends as service parts and so I bet you'll get some resistence to using red locktite on the p nut or ccs splines.

I didnt even think of that. to vfrben: I knew with the 600 mile statement that this is Not warrenty work... but they may not even have a clue on what your even talking about. :thumbsup: good post 10guy