Sign in to follow this  

question on "fcr the burned way"...

i just got my fcr-mx 39 carb for my dr-z s.the thing i want to ask you guys is if everything that burned lists in the well-known thread is necessary for the conversion.you see,here in greece it's more difficult to find the sudco parts that are listed.

you may find it silly and pointless but for newbies it isn't.i wasn't born with knowledge on everything that refers to fcr setting on my dr-z.anyway,thanks for the answers.....

the store that i bought the fcr from.that's in greece.i don't know about the size.what should i measure to tell you???

it seems that this is the adaptor to s carb.what should i do?should i see if it could fit or ask the seller for another one withthe right diameter?

by the way,what's the emn needle since i don't know anything about it.is it a jet???oh,and would a 62mm adapter be useful in the conversion?the dealer here only has this and propably i will have to wait for a month to get the 2-3/8(60mm).

oh,and another question.is it good at all to use a collar instead of the airboot to connect the carb to the filter???i have seen many guys racing supermoto here that have done this.of course with other bikes such as crf,ktm smr,sxf sm and other...and the filter place has been completely removed.

by the way,what's the emn needle since i don't know anything about it.is it a jet???oh,and would a 62mm adapter be useful in the conversion?the dealer here only has this and propably i will have to wait for a month to get the 2-3/8(60mm).

even the 60mm adpater is a tight fit.

the emn needle is a jet needle.

oh,and another question.is it good at all to use a collar instead of the airboot to connect the carb to the filter???i have seen many guys racing supermoto here that have done this.of course with other bikes such as crf,ktm smr,sxf sm and other...and the filter place has been completely removed.

you can do whatever you want.you will be on your own for jetting.

and is this needle necessary?i mean,can i install the carb and after a month when i get the needle,install it?

i am afraid that i can't tell you.maybe you should tell me where to check.