Sign in to follow this  

RS3 Slip On?

My neighbor has a RS3 slip on I can get cheap. Is it really not worth it? I have a 2006sm. I would hate to spend the extra money if I don't have too.

it won't give you any more power, it might sound a bit better but thats it.

I'd spend my $ on something else. just my opinion.

My neighbor has a RS3 slip on I can get cheap. Is it really not worth it? I have a 2006sm. I would hate to spend the extra money if I don't have too.

Get it cheap and then get the rest of the exhaust. A slip on muffler may add a little power, but nothing much. It will sound better.

I think the Yosh is too loud but I am old and the cops around here don't like loud pipes. I had to get rid on my Rienharts on my Harley for that reason... :thumbsup:

Does the Yoshi slip on work with the full system midpipe??? :thumbsup:

I think I remember reading where it does not.

Does the Yoshi slip on work with the full system midpipe??? :thumbsup:

I think I remember reading where it does not.

Crazy, if it doesn't. I am sure you can make it fit, but I think your right.

Allow me to elaborate Eddie's brevity.

I don't think they sell a mid-pipe seperately and buying somebody elses factory replacment header wont help either...because they will be the same size as the factory header only in a different material.

The problem is you won't gain extra power until you increase the header diameter. If you get a slip on the mid pipe is sized for the small diameter factory header pipe. Therefore you can't upgrade it later to a bigger header.

Save the money until you have enough for a full system. A slip on is a waste of money.

thats crazy to think that, if you bought a 'slip-on' rs3, that came with a midpipe, if won't fit the 'full system' header. i would think they would be all the same. but, unforntually, i rairley think.

they are right, you won't feel a good boost untill you open up the header. so you might want to save your money for a nice new 'full system'. :thumbsup:

I called yoshi and asked them if the yoshi header would fit the slip-ons mid pipe. Yoshi said no i would have to get the "full systems" header and mid-pipe but i could still use the yoshi rs3 can.

I don't suppose you inquired about price? The question here is can any money be saved?

No I didnt ask about the price. My bike came with the slip-on installed. I just wanted the header and mid pipe to get rid of the ugly stock header. But then realized I would just be wasting my money. Since im happy with the bikes performance as it is.