Sign in to follow this  

Pro circuit T-4 exhaust too loud

i dont think it is...i dont know of anyone that has tried it....but im sure it work...i wanna try the torque tip or w/e

I dont know but if its still too loud and you want rid of it drop me a line. :thumbsup:

In what way is it too loud? Doesn't meet certain db requirements where you ride? Too loud for you? Bugs neighbours?

I find with a helmet on, the aftermarket pipes aren't very loud at all for the rider, but what do you expect, I'm 16 and I like to make noise..lol

At 100db the Pro Circuit T-4 exhaust on the CRF230 is too loud. Has anyone tried the quiet tip Pro Circuit offers?

Quite a problem there, RandyRooster. I have a BBR and it's pretty load. I'm working on some end pieces to lower the sound level. I'll admit, I've never talk to anyone with the Pro Circuit one, but it would be nice to quiet the bikes down a bit.

If I "get on it", my bike sounds good, but it's loud. I want to get rid of that. My drive to do so is sound pollution, of course, but I believe I might be able to get more low end torque out of the bike too. We'll see. A little back pressure might be good.

P.S. You know what really pisses me off about this is all the pro's have custom endcaps. Go look. RC, Reed, James, K-dub, etc. Not just the big name guys either. I'm talking EVERYONE of the top 40 racers has a custom endcap. It burns me because nobody sells them. Go take a look. I want one now!!! :thumbsup:

My white brothers R4 was pretty quiet when I first got it, even quieter than unbaffled stock. But now a month later and all the fiberglass is burned in shes LOUD! Not an annoying "whats that racket" kinda loud, she still sounds mean... But lets say you can hear me comin from a long ways off lol

my BBR doesnt bug me, but i cud always put in the stock endcap to make it quiet

That is the primary reason as to why I went with BBR (interchangable ends with the stock muffler). I didn't want to be restricted from riding in an area because of having a aftermarket performance muffler. The BBR muffler offered flexibility where others appeared did not. I know there has been alot of comments made against BBR 230 mufflers with regards to potential performance when compared to others (which could be true, I have no way of knowing), but I am happy with it. Sound is good, no black pipe compared to stock which is ugly, a heat shield is mounted on pipe where many do not have one.

That is the primary reason as to why I went with BBR (interchangable ends with the stock muffler). I didn't want to be restricted from riding in an area because of having a aftermarket performance muffler. The BBR muffler offered flexibility where others appeared did not. I know there has been alot of comments made against BBR 230 mufflers with regards to potential performance when compared to others (which could be true, I have no way of knowing), but I am happy with it. Sound is good, no black pipe compared to stock which is ugly, a heat shield is mounted on pipe where many do not have one.

agreed, i like my gold pipe =] , i love the sound, even tho i havent been given crap from rangers about it, i think its still under the limit

most ppl complain about the BBR pipe because its cross marketed with the 150 pipe, because in essence they are the same bike... i thought this was pretty smart, lol but others beg to differ