Sign in to follow this  

bike bouncingb help.....................

i went to durhamtown a week ago (awesome) and i went of some jumps (did a 25 foot table top so proud of myself) and when i landed kind of short the bike hit the ground and like bounced back up into the air a couple inches can some one tell me how to fix this and also my 150 when i sit on it (with gear) it on lowers like 2 inches so i think i need to set my sag i did and search and found some stuff but i just spend over 900 dollars on my bike just like 4 weeks ago so i do not want to mess and think up because i am a klutz when i comes to working on bikes so if some one could tell me how that would great

thanks

Wolfgang

gonna have to get more info...bouncing could be too much rebound but how much do you weigh? The suspension is a component of shock valving and spring weight. Sag is set by the spring compresion to keep the bike in the right part of the valved stroke of the shock. If you weigh more than the shock is valved for the shock will not work as designed. I don't know what weight the 150's are valved for but my guess is somewhere around 110lb rider.

BTW std race sag is almost 4 inches or 100mm ( 1 inch = 25.4 mm ) thats from unloaded on a stand to loaded full gear.

http://www.shocktherapyracing.com/sagsettings.htm

so is a crf450x but mine does fine on the track. Any bike properly suspended will work, trailbike or not. Some better than others some with little mod needed some with a bunch.

I do agree though that the crf150 is not designed for designated track use.... but neither is a crf50 and there's 160lb dudes hucking big air on them properly configured(supended).

True, a works shock would prolly do the trick for him

Hopefully he can adjust the current suspension and get close to what he wants ... but like you said earlier a crf250r or some other MX bike would be a better solution than a works suspension on a crf150

Wolfy, are you running BBR Springs? Because that is something very common with them.

I was thinking the same thing. He must be running Stiffer springs. If that is the case, you either have to swap one of the forks springs out with a stocker or you just have to dump some cash into your suspension.

If your suspension is stock and you bounced, then YOU REALLY CASED IT BIG TIME! :thumbsup: I don't think it would be possible to bounce with stock suspension.

I looked in his garage and I see he has them on the front and rear. It must be because of the rear spring. I haven't had any bouncing with my fork set up even so I would leave both in yet.

The 150 springs have this problem, if I was him I would put in thinner fork oil or put a stock spring back in. Its too much rebound is the problem

thanks guys sorry it took so long to get back computer was down i think i am going to stay with my bbr in the front because i rode my dads bike (stock) and i just cant take that and i am going to get either 250 2 stroke or a 250f or a 450f don't know which one yet but i will get on in about a half a year so i am not putting and more money into suspension but thanks for all the positive response

Probably a smart move if you are going to ride more MX