Sign in to follow this  

06 oil leaking problem

Recently I started to notice that my trans oil was leaking into the engine side. I replaced the clutch side oil seal, but the problem persists. Now for first time my coolant is leaking into engine oil.

What should I replace now? Water pump seal?

I attempted to search on this already, but it said the search criteria is temp turned off due to high volume.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JB

Sounds like you may have 2 different problems. Coolant could easily get into the trans by a bad pump shaft seal. The culprit for trans to engine migration is usually the right crank seal. Just did another one this past Saturday. Always make sure you use red loctite around the seal when you assemble it. Then let it sit for 24 hours before you add oil.

As for coolant in the motor oil....head gasket. Are you finding coolant in the trans? If not, it is most likely a bad gasket seal (upper or lower).

Anyone else have input?........

Sounds like you may have 2 different problems. Coolant could easily get into the trans by a bad pump shaft seal. The culprit for trans to engine migration is usually the right crank seal. Just did another one this past Saturday. Always make sure you use red loctite around the seal when you assemble it. Then let it sit for 24 hours before you add oil.

As for coolant in the motor oil....head gasket. Are you finding coolant in the trans? If not, it is most likely a bad gasket seal (upper or lower).

Anyone else have input?........

What he said. It could also be your balancer shaft seal.