Sign in to follow this  

Another Suspension Question...

I am a 6'1 205-210, mid to front B rider on an 05 CRF. I am finally making the switch to 4-bangers... :thumbsup: On my CR250s I have always had them sprung and valved very stiff. This has given a lot away on the small square edged bumps and in rough terrain in favor of being able to slam through the whoops and overjump anything out there. I have heard that this type of setup on the CRF would make it tough on myself and would like to try it a little more supple this time but still retain that bottoming resistance.

So far from Factory Connection I have purchased .49 fork springs, 5.7 shock spring, and their Oil Lock Collars.

Should I go ahead and have it revalved or just swap the springs and fluid out myself?

If I do have it revalved should I buy the 1.76 pressure springs or stick with the stock rate?

Thanks guys,

Paul

Stick with the stock pressure springs. Set the oil height at 380cc and try it (fork). I bet you find a nice setup in the clickers.

Edit:

With the stiffer springs.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

So the revalve wouldn't be that worthwhile when running these springs?

Paul

Alot of people spend alot of time playing with shim stacks. Start simple...change the fluid and replace with what Mc said. If that doesn't work, swap the springs since you have them already. If you can't dial it in at that point, revalving/rebuilding the shim stacks is about all that's left.

Changes in shim stacks can change your fork response in different portions of the stroke. Tuners in the suspension profession can usually get it to you spot on, where a lot of us use trial and error.