Sign in to follow this  

what oils do you run?

what oils do you guys run in you 250fs? I have been running honda hp oil, but I was thinking about changing? Is there anything a little cheaper that will still work as good? I change my oil ever day of riding. and what about tranny oils?

what oils do you guys run in you 250fs? I have been running honda hp oil, but I was thinking about changing? Is there anything a little cheaper that will still work as good? I change my oil ever day of riding. and what about tranny oils?

We're running AMSOIL 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil on both sides of the 250f. Not only good for engine, but is GL1 rated for tranny side as well.

I use the Honda GN4 in the engine and was using the Honda HP 80/85 trans oil.

My 05 never shifted as well as the 04 until I recently tried some Torco 80wt trans oil. Now it shifts much better.

I use the Honda GN4 in the engine and was using the Honda HP 80/85 trans oil.

My 05 never shifted as well as the 04 until I recently tried some Torco 80wt trans oil. Now it shifts much better.

that gn4 stuff is trash man thats like the stuff at citgo for 1.25 you should use HP4 for like 10 rides and then upgrade to HP4M thats just as good as 100% synthetic.

maxima 80wt for the tranny and maxima 15w/50 for the engine. stuff looks good wen it comes out of the engine, and tranny. not black or ne thing. shifting is smooth.

Rock Oil Synthisis 4 racing oil 15W-50 on the engine side.

Rock Oil GRO trans oil or XAMAX Clutch fluid.

Go for Shell Rotella T in both side. Really cheap and best around. A lot of experts swear by it. :thumbsup:

What is the difference between HP4 & HP4M?

hp4 is High performace four stroke oil and HP4M is High Performace Four stroke oil WITH Molly additive its like a synthetic its a high performace oil

ya but you gotta make sure you dont run HP4M in your clutch side because since molly is a anti-friction additive and your clutch is based of friction the molly will end up reducing your clutch life and helping it slip.