Sign in to follow this  

drz jetting woes

Eddie, aka Burned -

I had a question for you concerning my DRZ 400 2003 S version. I have the exact same jetting specs as you said in the jetting sticky.

MODEL: S

MAIN JET: 128

PILOT JET: 25

FUEL SCREW: 2 turns

NEEDLE: dynojet 4th

AIR BOX: 3X3 air box

PIPE: FMF POWER CORE 4SA

ALTITUDE:5200 AND UP

TEMP:VERY COLD TO VERY HOT

I use premium octane gas, so I don't use 110 ocatane. I don't know if that will make a difference.

These are my woes, and I don't know if they are interrelated. It either idles way too high and the compression doesn't slow me down or way too low and it dies on me and it has hard to start after it dies. I have tried and tried to adjust that idle screw and nothing seems to work.

Secondly, I have low rpm bog. When I get to a certain rpm, it really goes, but until it gets to that point, it bogs real bad. It is quite frustrating.

Any help???

CER

Yes, it runs fine. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. I have tried to mess with the fuel screw to see if that does anything, but it doesn't. I have noticed that when it gets hot, after say 10 minutes of running it is more difficult to idle. It seems as though the idle goes down. When I have it running cold, the idle is perfect, but when it gets hot, it dies.

Thanks CER

Thanks I will give it a try and return and report

CER