Rain proofing your body – what works for you?

Looks like the LA-Barstow to Vegas dual sport ride is going to get some rain this year (if you believe weather.com). The latest forecast shows we’ll riding in a downpour for several hours this Saturday. What do you guys do to stay dry (and warm) in these kind of conditions? I’ve sprayed scotch guard on my jacket and pants, applied rain-x to my goggle lens, I’ll probably put a wrap or two of duct tape around the top of my boots. Any other things I’m overlooking? Thanks in advance for any advice.

I live in the mountains of rainy oregon and have gore tex MSR pull over jacket and pants. And so far no leaks even in the worst of down pours. Its pricey stuff but has definately increased my enjoyment in the wet stuff. Swamp ass can ruin any ride over time.

Another suggestion is to take rubber rain pants and cut the off around knee length, keeps you dry and breathes some what with the cut off.

I still have not found a good solution for keeping the gloves dry though.

-Milkman turned me onto Goretex socks, available though rockymountainatv.com. I wear regular socks underneath-keeps them clean, dry and cozy.

Actualy wear these all the time now!

-Silicone everything like you've done

- Tape your helmet vents

- Goretex jacket and goretex gloves would be real nice...

Dont forget in rainy conditions you're goggle lens will also fog up. I know you said you're using rain-x and that stuff works great but I have never had much luck with it when it comes to fogging.

Go get a double-payne lens for your goggles and then apply rain-x to that.

Actually now that I think about it I guess you are not going to be going slow enough to fog eh? ?