Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust Plug

I read somewhere you need a exhaust plug when washing the bike for obvious water in crank case = bad issues but what do you plug t with im new at this any info would help. thanks

You need to plug it otherwise you can cause yourself a lot of problems. If you don't want to buy a plug, duct tape the end of the silencer when you wash it. Care should also be taken when washing in regards to the air filter. I always plug the holes in the number plates/air box and cover the filter with a plastic bag to prevent it from getting wet.

I use a plug but you don't have to think this is a must have. If you are careful not to spray directly in the exhaust and then run the bike for a few minute after you wash it you will be fine. I have been doing it like this for years.

just buy a plug. therr around 7 bucks or so

What he said to do. Its cheep and doesnt look getto like a bag and rubber band.

Water in the crank case? Thats not the biggest reason, and besides, you would need to seriously stick the hole in the muffler to get water all the way down there..

The more straight forward reason is getting your muffler packing wet...

Wet muffler packing = Muffler packing breakdown = Pre mature servicing of the muffler.

Also rusts or corrodes the bottom corner of the muffler where water can sit is you havnt gone for a GOOD ride to evaporate all the water out.

What he said to do. Its cheep and doesnt look getto like a bag and rubber band.

hey it works though right? i use a zip loc bag, who cares what it looks like when u wash ur bike, just worry what you look like on the track now what you do when u wash a bike

why not just spend $7? instead using bags and rubber bands all the time. the cost of that will ad dup to $7 eventually, and with all plug all you have to do is IN, OUT.