Sign in to follow this  

2002 Indian Scout Electrical Help

I am working on a 2002 Indian scout that shows a bad "wire harness controller"......It has a flashing red light on it that says circuit has been overloaded or shorted out. Cost $236 . I would hate to buy one and the problem not be in this module. Any advise? Won't start at all.

hey crank case you might try checking out the harness itself.use an ohmeter or a continuity meter undo the harness at both ends and go thru the plug by attaching the ground lead from the meter to whatever is ground in the harness plug then take the other lead from the meter and probe all the other wires in that plug.if there is contact between any of the wires and the ground then a couple of the wires fused and that should be easy to find.another way to check the harness is to go from plug to plug start with whatever color wire and attatch your meter to each end of the same color wire if you get a reading on the meter the wire is good if you dont then there is a break somewhere in that wire .it takes alittle time but if all it is is a broken or shorted out wire this is an easy way to find it.i just hate to see a guy spend money on a part and then find out it's not the problem.good luck ihope this helps.