Sign in to follow this  

Insurance prices

i live in canada and no insurance on my klx equals $330 in fines and ive tried not getting it but the cops find me everywhere (they have fourwheelers out in the bush) so im pinned into a corner. i checked insurance and the best rate i could find was $1600 and some change and apparently its only that low cuz my house and vehicle is also insured under them. can some people who have purchased insurance for their bike tell me what they pay/paid cuz i think 1600 is a way over price cuz my buddy with a 2006 Raptor700r pays 300 a year

My wife's 06 KLX250S cost $700/year with fire and theft. If she removes the fire and theft it's only $340.

We have progressive with 2 KLX300 '03 and '05, and an '03 KLX125 and we pay $279 US for six months with full coverage including fire and theft.

haha k thanks for letting me know how much im gonna be ripped off, looks like my klx is getting sold, cant afford the insurance cuz i gotta pay it all in one shot (not allowed to pay monthly) :thumbsup::ride:

Ok here's my take on Insurance. Although its not required here in Washington State, I got it anyway. If you decide not to get insurance here you had better have $300,000 in the bank. I called Geiko and got liability on my bike, and it was only $80.00 a year. That was 2 months ago. Then 3 weeks ago I bought another bike for the wife, and called Geiko again to add the bike, and there was no additional charge. That's right because I'm the only one who has an endorsement they figure I can only ride one bike at a time. When the wife gets her endorsement then I can add her onto the policy for a mere $8.00 a year. So for $88.00 a year I get $100,000-$300,000-$50,000, not bad huh. As far as the theft and fire thing, it falls under my homeowners plan. or if its in my truck its under my auto insurance. But that's just me and Farmers. It might not be that way everywhere.

wish i lived in the states but you see in Ontario Canada insurance is manditory and there is no laws about insurance prices so insurance companies can charge as much as they want and there is nothing i can do but either pay the $1600, pay 330 everytime im caught, or just sell the bike

I pay $140 a year for Progressive on my dual sport 94 KLX 650 here in San Diego, Ca. Steny :thumbsup:

wish i lived in the states but you see in Ontario Canada insurance is manditory and there is no laws about insurance prices so insurance companies can charge as much as they want and there is nothing i can do but either pay the $1600, pay 330 everytime im caught, or just sell the bike

Have you checked http://www.kanetix.ca/motorcycle-insurance

I just run a bogus quote for a KLX300R and it came out around $600 (I pretended to live in London, ON).

VermontDuc

all i want is off road insurance and the site only gives quotes for on road. and the insurance is even more expensive at $2812 and i dont got that cash :thumbsup::ride: