Sign in to follow this  

Light Sensitive Lenses..

Anyone here use them?

Are they worth the extra bucks?

I have been eyeballing them for a bit and can't decide on whether they are any better than a regular lens.

Mostly looking at the ProGrip ones.

Thanks.

The change in tint isn't dramatic but it does help cut down the glare. I've been using Pro Grips for a few years and really like them.

Steve

The Pro Grips are s'posed to be pretty good. A couple of my friends reckon they're great, and MXA mag gave 'em a good review too. I wouldn't mind getting some for myself, apparently they're at a nice price too.

it really depends on when you ride like during the school year i ride every tuesday and thursday, along with saturday and sunday, and at that time of day the sun is allways in your eyes so i throw on my my googles with the light sensitive lense and it helps cut down the glare alittle bit

I've used Scott's LS lenses for several years. As a glasses wearer, having the goggle lenses function as sunglasses makes for the least number of layers. The Scotts LS lenses turn "Amp Blue", which is their biggest selling lens otherwise. The LS lenses are ~$12 vs $8 for fixed colors. I don't see it as a big expenditure. They are polycarbonate, which is the best impact resistance and scratch resistance of plastics that goggle lenses are made of. I'm very pleased with their ability to change with light conditions. When the sun goes down they are as clear as a clear lens.

At one time Progrip had goggles that couldn't have the lenses replaced. personally, I'd go for easily replaceable lenses; it's gonna happen.

I have the progrips and have used them for about 2 years. As posted above, the change in the tint isn't very drastic.