Sign in to follow this  

The best tire change tutorial I've ever seen...

I see many posts asking for hint'n'tips to change your tire yourself.

Well, this is it! This Bridgestone rep shows you how easy it easy to change your tire/tube yourself without busting a knuckle or pinching a tube.

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/how_to/article/0,13190,1215721,00.html

I learned a couple new tips as well! I'll admit, I struggle sometimes to, but like he says, if it's tough you are doing it wrong. Just stop and think about it.

I have a technique for getting the valve stem into the rim hole, but it's tough with a thick tube and a 120 rear tire (KTM). I am going to try his tip next time. I'll be surprised if it works! :thumbsup:

Yeah...I have that one marked for later viewing. I am still trying to think of how to install a rear and deal with the valve, 2 rim locks and an additional layer of rubber (an old tube with the ID sliced open placing it in between the rim and tube that will hold air).

I know if the tire is warm it helps. I will leave the new one in the sun or car to warm up while I am pulling the old one off.

I hate the valve stem part too!! I always end up pinching my fingers. Will have to try his technique next time.

Thanks for sharing that..Just when you think you know everything a nice video like that comes along! :thumbsup:

Good stuff!

Who knows where to get the bead buddy and those nice long tire irons?

Man......I just don't know. He made that look way to easy. I've never seen a tire come off a rim that easy...must be that windex. I've got to try that. Did you notice that his tire seemed very flexible....mine always have extremely stiff sidewalls. I can barely reach up inside to get the valve stem through. He seemed to have enough room to get a good potion of his hand up in there. He does give me hope though!!!

Man......I just don't know. He made that look way to easy. I've never seen a tire come off a rim that easy...must be that windex. I've got to try that. Did you notice that his tire seemed very flexible....mine always have extremely stiff sidewalls. I can barely reach up inside to get the valve stem through. He seemed to have enough room to get a good potion of his hand up in there. He does give me hope though!!!

Maybe he has done that before.

I know if the tire is warm it helps. I will leave the new one in the sun or car to warm up while I am pulling the old one off.

I hate the valve stem part too!! I always end up pinching my fingers. Will have to try his technique next time.

Finger savers. Best $7.00 I ever spent..Air valve puller

As far as keeping the bead down you can use most anything from a stick laying on the trail to a wrench or just a plain ole large washer.