Sign in to follow this  

Some questions for the Experts!

I recently bought a new 2006 DRZ 400SM, I love the bike, I am also brand new to this forum group yesterday. I was wondering a few things. First, are the handle bar weights at the end of the handlebars really needed? Second, what is meant by a 3x3 mod? Third, where can a score a complete Yoshi or FMF exhaust for cheap on-line? Fourth, any ideas for cleaning up the rear end of my bike, taillight mainly?

Thanks alot you guys are the greatest.

Make sure to check out both the sticky thread at the top and the DRZ info website. These will give you a pretty good overview. http://www.drz.info/

Most rip the bar end weights off as soon as they buy the bike. They do reduce vibes but if you remove them and don't notice the vibes then your good to go.

The DRZ info will answer the 3x3 questions.

Plenty of tail lights around to clean up the rear. Do a search, when we were building the TT bike, bryan had a post titled, 'show me your rear' or similar that has plenty of pics of taillight setups.

Welcome.....the search function is the best way to find what you need, but alas it is borked in the afternoons and evenings...so search in the mornings.

Also looking back through the pages will get you started right away.

Most take the handlebar weights out.....so take'em out. But I would keep them around just in case you have vibration issues on the highway and wanted to try them again.

The 3X3 mod is opening/modifying up the airbox (under your seat) so that dimensionally it is 3 inches by 3 inches. Rejetting of your carb will be needed after this.

The Yosh system can be bought through the Thumpertalk store and a number of suppliers. I believe there are one or two for sale here in the Thumpertalk classifieds and they pop up on ebay every now and then.

The rear tail light of the S is frigg'in huge and the SMs could use some work also. Look at the BajaDesigns LED tail light or the DRC tail light.

I recently bought a new 2006 DRZ 400SM, I love the bike, I am also brand new to this forum group yesterday. I was wondering a few things. First, are the handle bar weights at the end of the handlebars really needed?.
they help with vibration and spills thats about it
Second, what is meant by a 3x3 mod? .
cutting ahole in the top of your airbox to increse air 3in by3in and then rejetting the carb
Third, where can a score a complete Yoshi or FMF exhaust for cheap on-line?.
TT store
Fourth, any ideas for cleaning up the rear end of my bike, taillight mainly?

Baja Designs LED or DRC tailights are sweet again TT store

Make sure to serch the FAQ on top of the page

Damn you guys beat me to it ... itried to cut paste like a mad man But damn you be to quick