Sign in to follow this  

Pro Taper rumor

I was told by Cycle Riders, That Pro Taper has discontinued all the colors except Gold for there handlebars and that they are closing out the CR HIGH bend line all together.

Anyone know of this?

Wrong.........The only bars that are being closed out are the Easton Pro-Taper bars...The contour bars are going forward and are stil available in several colors..Gold, Silver, Platinum Gray and Jet Black

I was told by Cycle Riders, That Pro Taper has discontinued all the colors except Gold for there handlebars and that they are closing out the CR HIGH bend line all together.

Anyone know of this?

I don't think it really matters...as far as I know you can simply buy Renthal Fat Bars in the CR tall bend.

I don't think it really matters...as far as I know you can simply buy Renthal Fat Bars in the CR tall bend.

Yeah, but why not buy the ORIGINAL tapered bar ? Pro-Taper !

I'm an addicted Bar Bender and I've used both bars Renthal and Pro Taper. The Pro Tapers are way more superior in strength. They are the hardest bars to bend back into shape, almost impossible. You can bend the Renthals back into shape way easier than the Pro Tapers.

Hawkins woods bend are shorter and higher than the CR high anyways. This eliminates the need to cut them down to fit through the tight stuff.

Yeah, but why not buy the ORIGINAL tapered bar ? Pro-Taper !

They are awesome. I have no evidence, but when they discontinued the Easton Pro-Taper bars and switched to the Contour bars I wondered are they going to some cheaper China made product? So I bought a few sets of the closeout Easton bars for 1/2 price. :thumbsup:

Hawkins Woods High are the same height as the CR High. Only taller ones are KX High, taller by 1/2in.