Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha -Race Testing Technician Job

just sent in my resume.....

:thumbsup::ride::cry:

better hope they dont see that avatar or ask what kinda bike you ride....

Whew. It seems like you've got to have a fair amount of your own money put away to do some of those things, like test truck maitenence, and maintaining an inventory of special parts. I got the feeling that you spend your money, then Yamaha reimburses you. If only I was a little better with engine performance modding. I'd probably make a good mechanic, but this is over my head.

Whew. It seems like you've got to have a fair amount of your own money put away to do some of those things, like test truck maitenence, and maintaining an inventory of special parts. I got the feeling that you spend your money, then Yamaha reimburses you. If only I was a little better with engine performance modding. I'd probably make a good mechanic, but this is over my head.

Where did you get the idea that you have to pay out of your pocket? You will normally have a company credit card or credit line or something like that.

I don't think that's what they meant.

I presume (dangerous word...) that you are maintaining the inventory of their truck as things are consumed. I expect this means sending a list of what you need to yamaha to insure that someone doesn't wind up DNS'ing because there's no clutch cable for their bike on the truck.

This is probably an entry level position, look at the requirements, nothing says 5 years experience on a professional race team, rather HS grad, basic computer skills, and well organized. Looks to me like they want a young guy that can keep the truck supplied and running, understand motorcycle basics, and keep the records up to date.

Sent mine,,Ill pack up and move,,CA would be a culture shock for me.I always thought these type of jobs went to insider people..Example; Reeds cousin(or a good buddy) is pretty good with a wrench and needs a job.Something like that.Guess I thought you would have to "know" somebody to get the job.Maby they have the ad just to laugh at folks like me sending in their resume's.LOL....JC