Sign in to follow this  

cracked gas tank

the gas tank on my pressure washer cracked due to my dad accidently knocking it over, but whos pointing fingers? anyway, i searched and searched for a new tank for this model but havent been able to find any. the tank is made of high density polyethylene, aka hdpe. i would assume that motorcycle tanks are made of the same material, or at least most of them. a while ago i saw a thread that was related to this matter but the search feature is disabled at the moment. if anyone could please give me advice on what to try or a link to the other thread that would be great. thanks in advance.

the gas tank on my pressure washer cracked due to my dad accidently knocking it over, but whos pointing fingers? anyway, i searched and searched for a new tank for this model but havent been able to find any. the tank is made of high density polyethylene, aka hdpe. i would assume that motorcycle tanks are made of the same material, or at least most of them. a while ago i saw a thread that was related to this matter but the search feature is disabled at the moment. if anyone could please give me advice on what to try or a link to the other thread that would be great. thanks in advance.

Exactly what is your question? Perhaps the reason you're not getting the response you're looking for is that it's not clear what you want.

I presume you're looking for a new tank for your pressure washer, but you go off on a tangent about motorcycle tanks - does that mean you're looking for a motorcycle tank to fit your pressure washer?

Which brings up another point, you don't tell us what make and model PW you have. This makes it hard for anyone to really tell you anything useful.

I suggest you take a deep breath and start over.

With a clear and concise question AND provide all necessary related information.

Have you tried either calling the manufacturer, checking their website for a 'contact us' link, or calling a local retailer that sells your brand?

That's where I'd start.

Go to pressure washers direct then click on service centers you will find a bunch of links to many brands.Good luck.

sorry after re-reading my post i really dont know how i forgot the point lol, what im trying to find is a type of epoxy or glue that will bond to this material. i know they make special plastic welders for this material but that seems ridiculous.